Pandora Logo?

Sphinxter said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Sphinxter said:

No one will take it seriously
How delusional can you get. Naming it the Suppository with a graphic usage logo would not alter it's impact.

That is why corporate companies spend millions on logos....?

Impressive as that might be just because they piss away millions at it doesn't mean anything except they piss away millions. History has shown that you might as well choose by casting chicken bones or swinging a dead cat in the graveyard. Do you believe Coke owns the cola market because the can is red?

LOL nothing to do with red, more to do with the logo, and I do not think you get the impact of such logo's. May I ask of you, what do you buy when you go out shopping? I.E. food etc... Or does your mum do all that for you? I ask this as brand name and colour is a big thing while shopping, regardless of your brand of cerial or Car or pocket machine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as AOL had Connie, we can have Pandi!
sillylogosnmlap6.png

Logo's are just recognition. Personally I don't think it is very important what the logo is, as long as it is recognisable.
I do agree with WarmFluffyUK that P&|a doesn't look that good on its own. If you make a logo with a box and demon eyes look from under the lid (I've seen a nice example) and put P&|a on the box it will add to the mystification of the Pandora.
On its own it will not add anything, but isn't it nice to have a story to tell about the handheld you buy? A clever box, with a clever logo. Also I am sure someone with some graphical experience can make P&|a visually more attractive.

Just make it something simple and recognizable. I don't think wasting millions of dollars should be necessary for a logo. Unless businessmen have no imagination at all, lol.

Coke definitely is successful because it was popular when it came out and now it has immense brand recognition... not because of advertising. Is there any other soda that tastes exactly like Coke, no. Otherwise whomever had better ads or won over the public would sell more... but that isn't the case, every one is different.

This is drifting off topic but I'll reign it back in again. Pandora needs to be a good product and it will sell itself through buyer-initiated word of mouth... it doesn't need people making shitty ads to try and sell it.

WarmFluffyUK said:
That is why corporate companies spend millions on logos....?
None of the companies I've worked for have. They basically stuck a memo up asking staff for logo suggestions, and after a couple of weeks, they decided on one and give whoever did that logo a bottle of bubbly, although there was one company that did the whole trip and gave away a box of chocolates too!

Stealth Bagel said:
I'm not 'angry', I just think it's an outrageously stupid idea and I'm sick of hearing it repeated especially since it will never make its way to the final product.... like all that talk of Dvorak. I mean WTF? That was never going to happen and everyone knew it. Move on.

WOW Nova, You certainly have a LOT to say on the subject! LMAO.

WOW Nova, You certainly have a LOT to say on the subject! LMAO.

Ooops I just repeated what somone already said, hang on, I repeated myself :)

Right then! lets kick off some logo design!

Its all about simplicity, look at any console/handheld and youll find the logo pretty much a basic font (PSP, Gameboy, Wii, etc) and maybe a small design (Dreamcast Swirl, Neo Geo Pocket P, 360 Ball, Playstation's P and S etc)

So, i present to you a few designs i quickly mocked up in photoshop. Ive tried to keep it as simple as possible, so here goes!!

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

06.jpg

Ive used a red theme, however if the pandora guys prefer a different colour then its not a worry at all :) A few clicks and ill have a new colour scheme up!

So any opinions would be good, after all were all rooting for Pandora!!!

Cauterize said:
Right then! lets kick off some logo design!

Its all about simplicity, look at any console/handheld and youll find the logo pretty much a basic font (PSP, Gameboy, Wii, etc) and maybe a small design (Dreamcast Swirl, Neo Geo Pocket P, 360 Ball, Playstation's P and S etc)

So, i present to you a few designs i quickly mocked up in photoshop. Ive tried to keep it as simple as possible, so here goes!!

*some really awesome pics...*

Ive used a red theme, however if the pandora guys prefer a different colour then its not a worry at all :) A few clicks and ill have a new colour scheme up!

So any opinions would be good, after all were all rooting for Pandora!!!
There're really great :rolleyes: me likey the 1st and last ones best :)

I like this one. The font has a slight femininity to its curved lines (Pandora is female afterall), and the graphic conveys the idea of things moving out from a central spot, i.e. escaping from Pandora's box.

06.jpg

The first is too bolded and blocky to me.

I made this, but after looking at the ones just posted, I was loathed to show it, just looks amateur, lol.

panda.png

Cauterize said:
I like this one, though somehow it doesn't quite feel as full as the others...

05-1.jpg

Probably my favourite of these amazing logos; no idea what the #esque symbolises, but it looks pretty darn cool! As with the next one, a general sense of femininity in the font, if not the logo.

06.jpg

Nice feel to this, though personally I prefer the font on the previous one. Certainly would be quite happy with being associated with something with a logo like this...

Cauterize said:
This is my favourite. But could you do a flattened-out version of this? I think it's a little bit too feminine, I could imagine it being on a pack of pads or something like that.

Most of the critics of this thread have been working on the assumption that none of the members here could make a decent, non-amateurish logo. Given the number of professionals here on this board, from all different walks of life, I think think that's a very big assumption to make. And now we know that's a wrong assumption! Thank you Cauterize.

Back