Pandora Last.fm Group

I definatly won't use last.fm. anyone researched who owns it and what this corporation is frequently doing?

I agree they were better when they were still audioscrobbler

Nowaday it is owned by CBS I think But anyway I like it. And what they regularly do, hmm the only thing I can think of is host amazings shows by the likes of acid mothers temple and secret chiefs 3 etc.

Bosbeetle said:
Nowaday it is owned by CBS I think But anyway I like it. And what they regularly do, hmm the only thing I can think of is host amazings shows by the likes of acid mothers temple and secret chiefs 3 etc.
I think this is the problem, or part of it anyway..

c.b.s have announced that they will be distributing and broadcasting artists recordings at iTunes via Podcast services without the permission of the artists - c.b.s are going to find themselves in serious trouble paying huge legal fees and legal costs as they continue to abuse copyright laws and distribution rights - once again the major labels are stamping all over the independents and taking advantage of their position - last.fm will not pay royalties for these plays either which is a continuance of their bias treatment - it's time to phone the lawyers

Shame if the artists are loosing out. It should be the record companies and the third parties that loose out (if anybody) :(

EDIT: Joined anyway though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
Well I dont use the radio features anyway. And I support artists by buying vinyl :)
Hell yah! Vinyl is the only way to go! =D Its nice to meet someone else in the niche, lol

Consequence9 said:
Bosbeetle said:
Well I dont use the radio features anyway. And I support artists by buying vinyl :)
Hell yah! Vinyl is the only way to go! =D Its nice to meet someone else in the niche, lol

It's hardly a niche these days... :rolleyes:

I don't like the sound quality on Last.FM anyway :(
But yeah, looks like they don't have a good person behind their opperations

Rayek said:
Consequence9 said:
Bosbeetle said:

It's hardly a niche these days... :rolleyes:

yeah, its a fad, and for no reason, either.

also last.fm is horrible. if i wanted to listen to music at 128 kbps i would use limewire

ok, so i retract my previous comment. i think the scrobbler feature is quite useful, i thought it was just Pandora (the music project) and social networking mixed. i can hook it up to winamp, too. wish i would have tried it sooner...

Joined as well!

My username is rottendevice2x on last.fm

I'm curious to what music my fellow Pandora enthusiasts listen to (whenever the charts become available). :)

PoisonedV said:
ok, so i retract my previous comment. i think the scrobbler feature is quite useful, i thought it was just Pandora (the music project) and social networking mixed. i can hook it up to winamp, too. wish i would have tried it sooner...
I use it for finding new artist to listen to too. It recommends new music from the same style of tracks and artists you listen to :)

Joined!
The music streaming is pretty terrible - choice is based on a love/hate basis, so if it plays a crappy song by an artist you otherwise like, saying you hate it will stop other songs by that artists/similar artists.
Otherwise, the scrobbling is cool and I'm all for anything that introduces me to new music =]

Tobs

Tobs said:
Joined!
The music streaming is pretty terrible - choice is based on a love/hate basis, so if it plays a crappy song by an artist you otherwise like, saying you hate it will stop other songs by that artists/similar artists.
Otherwise, the scrobbling is cool and I'm all for anything that introduces me to new music =]

Tobs

My friends usually provide me with new music. Havent really found something that I havent heard of before on last.fm.

Back