Wagic port [BOUNTY]

cube48

Website
www.48.cz
Wagic is a fantasy card game of Magic The Gathering kind.

It's open sourced. More info at: http://wololo.net/wagic

Wagic was originally developed for Sony PSP and then ported to other OSes. That said, it's designed for handheld controls.

I've played it on Maemo (N900 with GamePad) and believe it's possible to port it for OpenPandora.

At default it uses just textual cards but you can download scans of real MTG cards and use them in Wagic. Than it becomes fun. Hard core MTG players can find it weak to play against AI but for me as a MTG newbie it's nice to have an option to play this game on the go.

My initial bounty bid for Wagic OpenPandora port is 15 EUR. It's not necessary to have a touchscreen control but it would be nice too. Keys must be configurable via in-game menu.

I had no clue Wagic gained such a following as to see a port to other platforms. I would also like to see this port, as I lost the enthusiasm about the time of this specific homebrew's release and never did get around to testing it.

Heck yea! I'd love to have this once I get my Pandora (fingers crossed for May or June 2012, but I just preordered December.........)

I played this a LOT on a modded PSP back when I had one. Tons of fun when you got the card scans.

I managed to get card graphics working, downloaded and follow directions for downloading the graphics from this - http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25356 - link.  Then I extracted the final zip so I could view the 'sets' folder. 

The original install has a core.zip file in the appdata folder for wagic, contained in that zip is a 'sets' folder, I extracted the core.zip files and copied over the sets folder from the downloaded zip above into the sets folder from the core zip.  I then re-zipped the results into a new core.zip and copied it back to the appdata folder, tada, pretty cards.

Twiitcher

Hmm didn't know there were many other MTG players on the board. I've played here and there for years.. I don't collect cards, but I play my friends decks and such. It's an expensive hobby.

Going to have to give this a try.

This version seems to have "2-player" enabled? Does it really work or is it just some ghost of the past? The reason I'm asking that feature is not in the Windows version.

I downloaded the actual card zip files from wololo.net, where do I put them to enable them?  I like seeing the original card art and descriptions

I downloaded the actual card zip files from wololo.net, where do I put them to enable them?  I like seeing the original card art and descriptions
EDIT - It seems you have to unzip the ZIP files and place the cards in individual folders based on expansion in order to pick them up.  Also installed a theme called Dynamic MTG, game looks wonderful now.  Taking up 2 GB on my SD card but well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This version seems to have "2-player" enabled? Does it really work or is it just some ghost of the past? The reason I'm asking that feature is not in the Windows version.
It's a new feature for next release, but still not stable. I compiled wagic on my Linux PC just to test, but crashes after selecting decks.

Yep. Just go to Wololo.net forum and search for links of various sets. Download them and unzip them where they belong to (/media/YOURCARD/pandora/appdata/wagic/home/.Wagic/sets/). Individual sets can remain zipped but each set should have it's own folder. You should be able to find the collection with already pre-structured content of sets folder.

Update in the repo seems to have broke the game on my CC unit.  redownloaded PND, deleted appdata, still stays on a black screen for a few seconds before crashing to desktop.  Never even gets to the download dialog.

Back