Pandora Icon for folders

Lennox Rosomer

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
just for the heck of it i made a quick icon for my Pandora folder using the p&|a smilie and the GreenFish Icon editor (which you can get here http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1420 )

due to the...rules (apparently)...i had to attach it as a .png instead of an .ico, oh well

if you don't like green as a background just change it with paint or greenfish

==============================
Just ignore the idiots (myself included) taking pock shots at each other, there should actually be productive conversation somewhere in this...somewhere.
==============================

Hells_Dark said:
Sorry but... it looks ugly, no ?

Why did you put this.. green thing ? ^^'

You can't use pngs as icons with windows ? oO

1. to each their own. personally i would like more people to take the lead who have better skills than me and make something that looks better, hell maybe even create a whole set to use on the Pandora itself even...

2. i personally like green, bite me. if you were smart enough to read my actual bloody post you would see that not only did i say to just change the bloody background color of it, but gave a link to where you could find the bloody program i used in the first place...

3. unless i am very much mistaken you can, but it is better to use an actual .ico file so you avoid the many moronic errors of the behemoth of the desktop (thats windows in case you cant figure it out...)

TL/DR

in short, if you dont like it, make a better one yourself and bugger off. their was nothing in your post that was like "constructive criticism" what so ever, only you sounding like an ass, and a dumb one at that...

Pip Pip, Cherio, and all that rot. <_<

[EDIT] moronic grammar error...

Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:

1. to each their own. personally i would like more people to take the lead who have better skills than me and make something that looks better, hell maybe even create a whole set to use on the Pandora itself even...

2. i personally like green, bight me. if you were smart enough to read my actual bloody post you would see that not only did i say to just change the bloody background color of it, but gave a link to where you could find the bloody program i used in the first place...

3. unless i am very much mistaken you can, but it is better to use an actual .ico file so you avoid the many moronic errors of the behemoth of the desktop (thats windows in case you cant figure it out...)

TL/DR

in short, if you dont like it, make a better one yourself and bugger off. their was nothing in your post that was like "constructive criticism" what so ever, only you sounding like an ass, and a dumb one at that...

tl;dr, you take things way too personally. if you don't like criticism, you can make a better one so they'll bugger off.
you really shouldn't be criticizing others for sounding like a dumb ass.

PoisonedV said:
Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:

2. i personally like green, bight me. if you were smart enough to read my actual bloody post you would see that not only did i say to just change the bloody background color of it, but gave a link to where you could find the bloody program i used in the first place...

TL/DR

tl;dr, you take things way too personally. if you don't like criticism, you can make a better one so they'll bugger off.
you really shouldn't be criticizing others for sounding like a dumb ass.

all i can say in my defense was that i had not had any sleep for over 24 hours at that point, i generally catch my dumber mistakes...

as to criticism, read #1... but in short i have no problem with criticism, but Hells_Dark was just bitching, not criticizing, which normally involves suggestions...

i know i suck at graphics, always have, i am more of a code monkey and prefer it that way. again refer to #1

i bet you feel so SMRT* (smart) for finding my mistake, dont you? <_<

* BTW, thats an insult to you, in case you cant figure it out...

Lennox Rosomer said:
all i can say in my defense was that i had not had any sleep for over 24 hours at that point, i generally catch my dumber mistakes...
any of your criticism that follows is invalid, as I hadn't slept for over 24 hours at that time, either. :wink: regardless, I'll reply anyway.
Lennox Rosomer said:
as to criticism, read #1... but in short i have no problem with criticism, but Hells_Dark was just bitching, not criticizing, which normally involves suggestions...
its still feedback.
[qote="Lennox Rosomer"]i know i suck at graphics, always have, i am more of a code monkey and prefer it that way. again refer to #1
then dont post stuff and expect to get praised for it
Lennox Rosomer said:

i dont think you have a great grasp on the term 'insult'.

PoisonedV said:
Lennox Rosomer said:
any of your criticism that follows is invalid, as I hadn't slept for over 24 hours at that time, either. :wink: regardless, I'll reply anyway.
meh...im too busy to sleep...

PoisonedV said:
Lennox Rosomer said:
its still feedback.
fine... Constructive Criticism, otherwise, its just bitching...

PoisonedV said:
Lennox Rosomer said:
i know i suck at graphics, always have, i am more of a code monkey and prefer it that way. again refer to #1
then dont post stuff and expect to get praised for it
when i post "Bow before me, for I am root" then youll know i am expecting praise, otherwise i frankly dont "give-a-damn"

PoisonedV said:
Lennox Rosomer said:

i dont think you have a great grasp on the term 'insult'.
it sounds better when its said --- "man, you are so smart, S. M. R. T., you know what i mean?" --- nine times out of ten they dont realize what you actually said...i personally go for the "ironic intellectual bitch slap" that only the more intellectual catch.....doesn't really carry over to text though...

BTW fixed your code *smart ass grin* :D :ph34r:

Kyosys said:
If you guys don't stop fighting, I'm going to lock this

um...this really aint fighting, trust me there...intellectual tennis match maybe, but not fighting.

*holds up spare racket* wanna join? :wink:

sinoth said:
Needs more color gradient and drop shadow.

i really dont know jack about graphics. how about an explanation, or better yet, an example? :D

Lennox Rosomer > That was just a criticism.
Actually, i'd like more people like you making pandora icons.
I guess we will have some skins after the "new" gui come out.

Hells_Dark said:
Lennox Rosomer > That was just a criticism.
Actually, i'd like more people like you making pandora icons.
I guess we will have some skins after the "new" gui come out.

not constructive, and if was meant to be, you really should learn to phrase your thoughts better (something i have personally struggled with), otherwise it just looks like your bitching, especially since you did not make any suggestions in your first post.

not that it means much but i was already extremely agitated when i read your post, thus my knee jerk "i shalt have thine guts for garters" response, remember, "Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus*" because you're crunchy and taste good with ketchup

* yes, i did first learn that translation from where you think i did...

Well, sorry for that (and my bad english as well).
It was a bit rough and that's not what i wanted. I just wanted to know why you made it this way (taking the favicon and adding a green background) instead of directly using the favicon as an icon.
But you're right, i'm stupid (sometime).

Hells_Dark said:
is english your first language?

Hells_Dark said:
It was a bit rough and that's not what i wanted. I just wanted to know why you made it this way (taking the favicon and adding a green background) instead of directly using the favicon as an icon.
the favicon was too small, and i personally like green, always have

Hells_Dark said:
debatable...ive done worse.

Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:
No. I'm french.
Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:
Okay ^_^
I love this favicon.
Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:
Me too :lol:

Hells_Dark said:
Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:
No. I'm french.
well, that makes sense then, personally i know enough french to get be beaten to death with a very hard baget (i think...the really long bread, right?)
Hells_Dark said:
Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:
Okay ^_^
I love this favicon.
its better than anything i can make...
Hells_Dark said:
Lennox Rosomer said:
Hells_Dark said:
Me too :lol:
:lol:

Back