Pandora Handheld Emulator List?

Please ignore my "troll"ness. I'm just so excited, nervous, and anxious for this device to come out. It's been almost a year since I purchased it.

Gruso said:
aesir911 said:
not so much actually, I was just wondering if anyone had any credible sources/links about these emulators...
You've been given all the links! The forums, the wiki, and Pandorapress are where it all happens. Trawl through the Video Vault (linked from Pandorapress) and find all the emulation videos.

If none of this stuff is credible enough for you, there's nothing more we can do for you. I hate to be rude, but I really suggest you do more reading and less posting, just for a day or so.

no, you are not being rude. i've looked/researched those links for the last 5 months. I'm just getting kinda antsy as the time is coming for their release. (like a little 7 year old boy waiting to get his gameboy color for Christmas...)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aesir911' date='22 October 2009 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1256260498' post='765696'
The macbook air fits in a manila envelope :D . Besides that, the closest things are pdas, the ipod touch, and the smart q. In my opinion, this is an overblown example of what I think of the laptop aspect of the Pandora Handheld. The Sony Vaio P series is pretty close (has a dimension of like 26.5 cm x 14.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 4.8 x 9.7 x 0.8 inches)
[/quote]

i'm just saying, even without psp, n64, dreamcast, etc. emulation, the pandora is still an incredibly unique device and it seems you don't understand that.

truly, i do understand that. i didn't mean to spark a fight. just wanted to make an observation and see what you think (not realizing that you would take it as an attack).

aesir911 said:
truly, i do understand that. i didn't mean to spark a fight. just wanted to make an observation and see what you think (not realizing that you would take it as an attack).
it's quite annoying when people think the only thing the pandora is good for is emulation

I reckon a substantial portion of future batches will sell on the strength of emulation alone. But yeah, I hate it when people (especially news sites) call it an "emulation machine".

Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:
it's quite annoying when people think the only thing the pandora is good for is emulation

Since I apparently have no idea what on earth it is or does, what else does it do besides emulation, run firefox (wi-fi), capable of running macromedia flash (youtube and hulu), has a real time clock, holds all types of media, and most other linux laptop functions? Also, not to mention the revolutionary idea of the smallest "laptop" ever created to run successfully...

Prometheus said:
It's a computer. It does what you want it to do. :p

I know, right? There's not too much to it. (nice, i like that comment below B-ZaR)

aesir911 said:
Since I apparently have no idea what on earth it is or does, what else does it do besides everything? Also, not to mention the revolutionary idea of the smallest "laptop" ever created to run successfully...

Fixed for you :)

aesir911 said:
Since I apparently have no idea what on earth it is or does, what else does it do besides emulation, run firefox (wi-fi), capable of running macromedia flash (youtube and hulu), has a real time clock, holds all types of media, and most other linux laptop functions? Also, not to mention the revolutionary idea of the smallest "laptop" ever created to run successfully...
The Xbox, 360, Wii, and PS3 (and PS2 with a hard drive attached, depending on your definition) are just computers.
Computers with a lot of proprietary software that you generally have to pay for, but computers nonetheless. You can install custom software on any one of them and use it like you would your desktop PC.
You call the Pandora a laptop as if it were a bad thing. It's a computer, same as all the existing game machines. The only thing separating the Pandora from the big ones is that the Pandora is open from the start: you don't need to crack it open or find a trick or anything like that to take full advantage of the hardware. Also there's less commercial interest in developing for the Pandora, but that's a minor setback.
Yes, it's a laptop (palmtop?) with a lot of power for little cost. It'll have emulators, same as a laptop. It'll have productivity software, same as a laptop. It'll have actual games for it, same as a laptop. It goes several steps beyond laptop though, by making it even smaller and adding game controls and a touch screen.

WizardStan said:
aesir911 said:
The Xbox, 360, Wii, and PS3 (and PS2 with a hard drive attached, depending on your definition) are just computers.
Computers with a lot of proprietary software that you generally have to pay for, but computers nonetheless. You can install custom software on any one of them and use it like you would your desktop PC.
You call the Pandora a laptop as if it were a bad thing. It's a computer, same as all the existing game machines. The only thing separating the Pandora from the big ones is that the Pandora is open from the start: you don't need to crack it open or find a trick or anything like that to take full advantage of the hardware. Also there's less commercial interest in developing for the Pandora, but that's a minor setback.
Yes, it's a laptop (palmtop?) with a lot of power for little cost. It'll have emulators, same as a laptop. It'll have productivity software, same as a laptop. It'll have actual games for it, same as a laptop. It goes several steps beyond laptop though, by making it even smaller and adding game controls and a touch screen.

didn't i say that? whatever, thank you for your input.

aesir911 said:
didn't i say that? whatever, thank you for your input.

This is what the Pandora will bring you(besides that emulation thingy):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBYz5OG0uw

aesir911 said:
Please ignore my "troll"ness. I'm just so excited, nervous, and anxious for this device to come out. It's been almost a year since I purchased it.

aesir911 said:
If the pandora has N64, Dreamcast, Flash Games, and (of course) PSP, then the wait for this device will be so worth it. Otherwise, it'll just be a stripped down overpriced mini laptop...

(I just know I'm going to get roasted for this...)

:huh:

If you worry so much about these things, why did you pre-order in the first place?
A year ago, N64, Dreamcast, PSP were just a dream and there were no one working on them. Now you expect the Pandora to be able to emulate these well?

OpenTheBox said:
aesir911 said:

aesir911 said:
If the pandora has N64, Dreamcast, Flash Games, and (of course) PSP, then the wait for this device will be so worth it. Otherwise, it'll just be a stripped down overpriced mini laptop...

(I just know I'm going to get roasted for this...)

If you worry so much about these things, why did you pre-order in the first place?
A year ago, N64, Dreamcast, PSP were just a dream and there were no one working on them. Now you expect the Pandora to be able to emulate these well?

I'm pretty sure they've always been rumors. That was part of the project...at least I thought so...

aesir911 said:
OpenTheBox said:

I'm pretty sure they've always been rumors. That was part of the project...at least I thought so...
I'm trying really hard to decide if he's accidentally trolling or if he's doing it on purpose.

OpenTheBox said:

I'm trying really hard to decide if he's accidentally trolling or if he's doing it on purpose.

Alrighty, I'll shut up about this now. good gravy...

Paradox said:
nobody has mentioned DS, is that just really never going to happen?

I'm pretty sure somebody somewhere said they were working on DS emulation. Can't remember who or when, I'm afraid.

Back