Pandora going into an infinite reboot loop on boot - help?

Hi Ragnar,

"and then the LCD brings up some random colors either in rectangles extending the length of the screen with random width, or it covers the entire screen in one color. Either way, the screen then fades out and goes back to the bootloader."

When you say rectangles of random colours, are the rectangles always in the same colour? Because if so it sounds very suspiciously similar to previous reported problems about the pandora momentarily losing power!

Can I suggest this thread?

http://boards.openpa...hardware-fault/

This might sound silly - but what happens if you turn the Pandora upside-down before you turn it on?

When you do this - gravity won't be trying to take the battery away from the contacts.

It's also possible that pressing buttons on the keypad or the nubs is displacing the battery and contacts momentarily (Either up and down or laterally). What happens when you leave the Pandora upside down and don't touch it for awhile?

I had to but packing material in between the battery and the battery cover to get it to work reliably. (And quite alot). Unfortunately now the battery cover has cracked from the pressure and I have the same problem as you again!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ragnar,

"and then the LCD brings up some random colors either in rectangles extending the length of the screen with random width, or it covers the entire screen in one color. Either way, the screen then fades out and goes back to the bootloader."

When you say rectangles of random colours, are the rectangles always in the same colour? Because if so it sounds very suspiciously similar to previous reported problems about the pandora momentarily losing power!

Can I suggest this thread?

http://boards.openpa...hardware-fault/

This might sound silly - but what happens if you turn the Pandora upside-down before you turn it on?

When you do this - gravity won't be trying to take the battery away from the contacts.

It's also possible that pressing buttons on the keypad or the nubs is displacing the battery and contacts momentarily (Either up and down or laterally). What happens when you leave the Pandora upside down and don't touch it for awhile?

I had to but packing material in between the battery and the battery cover to get it to work reliably. (And quite alot). Unfortunately now the battery cover has cracked from the pressure and I have the same problem as you again!

:)
Powering on the Pandora while it's upside down yields the same results as always.

I've left it doing the same thing, upside-down, for about 5 minutes now. I'll let it do it for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back