Pandora File Archive Request

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
I think it would be ideal if the Pandora File Archive could be easily viewed on the Pandora itself. This means that it should be viewable at a width of 800 pixels with no sideways scrolling.

I remember when the GP32 file archive first launched, it was quite viewable at 800 pixels wide. However, over time button graphics were added that made the buttons bigger and wider. I think it would make a lot of sense to go back to the old look. Nothing in the layout would have to change other than the buttons in the centre, which would need to be made much thinner.

Also, there are still some people such as myself who prefer to keep their desktop screen resolutions at 800x600. But that's just a side benefit for me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
or just create an xml / db based system so developers can write their own system, that way you could have auto-update snippets and applications which only parse the xml which is probably faster than any web browser out there..

OperaMini, Maybe ?.

Has the best zoom (scaling) facility on any browser.

Run`s via java, So may probably work, And hopefully well on the pandora if she gets a good implementation of java.

Just an idea.

Trooper

You can set the Pandora to zoom to 800x and it seems to work well, I don't think there will be any issues with the archive but i'll put it on the list to try it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see something structured the way the Amiga archive (Aminet) is done:

CODE
http://aminet.net/tree

(You can also access it via anonymous ftp, which makes it nice and easy for devs to integrate it into a browser type app)

well, the archive is completely based on MySQL, so a nice viewer and downloader can easily be written for the Pandora :)

Last edited:
sounds promissing. Man. Things are getting better by the day. I am glad this is a community project with everyone putting ideas together rather than 1 software developer only making what he thinks people want

Edit: maybee the pandora can have an update utility for developers and the community to upload games/apps straight to the archive itsself?

Back