Fix Forums

whiskthecat

whiskthecat
Website
pigliver.blogsite.org
Whenevr something is posted in the news topic it has to be reviewed before anyone can view it. Please change this so you can at least see what was posted. For example beat2x 0.3 cannot be viewed. I uploaded it to the archive though for anyone who wants it. But please for furtur post please make the news forum viewable at all times.

-Thanks whiskthecat ;)

The reason news posts need to be reviewed is posted in the guide in the news section.

Though I do agree that the topic title itself should also remain hidden until a moderator reviews it.

Actually it talks about different things in that guide. It never actually says why you cant view the topic. I'm not saying it should go straight to the main page, just that anyone should be able to view it once it is posted.

Or maybe I miss read the guide if so please post where it says why. I am very confused. :huh:

Posting Guide
When posting news don't forget to post your news source with reference links unless you are the autor of the software/hardware mod/other stuff you are posting about.
Even if you found it on XXX SITE forum use full site name linked to front page or reference post in their forum.
Why it is important to us?
We hate when news directly from GP32X are posted on others sities without credits but it doesn't mean we'll do the same.

For image hosting we recommend www.imageshack.us
For file posting use free GP32X File Archive at
http://www.gp32x.de

When posting images please don't use oversized images. Resize them to min. 350 px for pic in one row or use thumbnails linked to originals. When posting image please center them using tags
content​

Posts need to be aproved first by our X-Team before they appear public here and on front page so don't post it twice.

I thought it wa pretty clear ... we need to check to see if the news is real, so we check the reference links, or if the author himself posted it, we check to see if it's legit ...

I understand what you mean though ... they shouldn't appear on the main page until verified ... it confuses folks :)

Its basically to stop the prolifiration of 'false' news, hoaxes or people just posting in the wrong forum!

The idea of the news forum is a nice clean forum with ONLY news in it.

And if we opened it up, it'd end up like the other forums, which negates the point of it existing...

There's nothing wrong with needng news items to be approved. The problem is that those threads shoudl only be linked to from the front page once they've been approved. At the moment, a broken link shows up, leading to confusion and double posts. It's not a problem with the procedure, it'a a problem with the site code.

barnesy posted on Mar 17 2006 at 09:36 AM said:
There's nothing wrong with needng news items to be approved. The problem is that those threads shoudl only be linked to from the front page once they've been approved. At the moment, a broken link shows up, leading to confusion and double posts. It's not a problem with the procedure, it'a a problem with the site code.

Ah!

Suddenly it all becomes clear :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do want to read a post that's been made to the news forum before it gets officially reviewed and accepted. Look up the posting members profile and click on find members posts/topics. Click on said post and it wil display for you to read. :)

Back