Pandora Fan Gear

waffles said:
Crasherball said:
shit one of those shirts with every pandora pre-order :D
at first i thought you meant ship, but p is a LOONG way away from T.
so, im guessing you just dont like the T-shirt idea, and how it removes its uniqueness or something.
Moving on!
i would just like a black shirt with the white or blue pandora logo on it, nothing too fancy, or text, just simple and clean.

lol, I did mean ship

I just typo in my brain alot!

i really like the shirt by the way, its cool, and doesnt have PANDORA writtn on it, which would make it really dorky in my opinion

just a simple logo, with noting else - thats cool

Last edited by a moderator:
kingbuzzo said:
official pandora lube

and a live panda
The only practical combination of fangear I have seen on this thread!

I've got a commercial grade embroidery machine. I sent a PM to Craig asking about the possibility of making shirts, but I'm still waiting on a reply.

WizardStan said:
I've got a commercial grade embroidery machine. I sent a PM to Craig asking about the possibility of making shirts, but I'm still waiting on a reply.
Did you have any specific plans that you can share?

TaG said:
WizardStan said:
Did you have any specific plans that you can share?

Something simple comes to mind: just putting the full pandora logo (box image and word "pandora") across the front, "www.openpandora.org" right aligned underneath it in smaller font so it's the same size as the stick of the 'p'.
The back... the back... I could probably put the purchasers user name on it. But that would only be cool for those that actually frequent the forums. And maybe it'd be too cool, read as too lame?
Maybe the specs on the back, like someone suggested?
I'd do a mock up, but I'm in the midst of moving house. Everything's packed right now, though I should be able to show something next week, or possibly week after, just before pre-orders start ;)

First of all, sorry for bumping a six month old thread but I figured that it was better than starting a new one.

Now that Pandora looks like it might be finally about to make it to the market, I was wondering if anyone on the Pandora team had given this any thought. I understand that you guys are mad busy right now and probably will be for a while so maybe you might want to work something out with someone from the community. Splitting the profits from a CafePress or similar site or even allowing someone to sell these might be a good idea. At the very least you'd get free advertising out of it which is a good thing.

I've actually thought about making a t-shirt or something on CafePress for myself once I actually get my Pandora just because I think it would be kind of cool. Any way we might be able to get a really large, 200dpi image of the logo and let us know what font is used for the text?

Frogboy said:
First of all, sorry for bumping a six month old thread but I figured that it was better than starting a new one.

Now that Pandora looks like it might be finally about to make it to the market, I was wondering if anyone on the Pandora team had given this any thought. I understand that you guys are mad busy right now and probably will be for a while so maybe you might want to work something out with someone from the community. Splitting the profits from a CafePress or similar site or even allowing someone to sell these might be a good idea. At the very least you'd get free advertising out of it which is a good thing.

I've actually thought about making a t-shirt or something on CafePress for myself once I actually get my Pandora just because I think it would be kind of cool. Any way we might be able to get a really large, 200dpi image of the logo and let us know what font is used for the text?
You can allready order a polo shirt in the German shop, run by EvilDragon. And in the wiki there is a PDF with a vectorised logo (just learned that) if you want to get creative yourself, go ahead ;)

Edit: Link to the logo

That's cool. Much better than I had. Unfortunately, believe it or not, it is still somewhat small when it comes to putting it on a shirt. It would work for some things but the box part of the logo couldn't be used by itself very effectively. A lot of times you are dealing with a 2000+ width image to ensure that it looks good on a shirt. It's a good start though. Maybe someone will generate a really, really high resolution image for us sometime in the future.

Thanks again. I didn't know that was out there either.

Errrmmm...indeed. Vectorized images are scalable to however big you want 'em. So you could get an image of 2000+ pixels with this if you so desired.

Speaking of shirts though, I really want one of ED's polos. When are we gonna get these in the GBAX store?!

ShyGuy said:
Errrmmm...indeed. Vectorized images are scalable to however big you want 'em. So you could get an image of 2000+ pixels with this if you so desired.

Speaking of shirts though, I really want one of ED's polos. When are we gonna get these in the GBAX store?!
Agreed. I want to get a nice Pandora polo as well.

And @Frogboy: I acknowledge what you said in your post, however I believe the better course of action would have been to make a new topic, and in your post in that topic, link to this topic. I'll just leave it at that.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
And @Frogboy: I acknowledge what you said in your post, however I believe the better course of action would have been to make a new topic, and in your post in that topic, link to this topic. I'll just leave it at that.
Ok, next time I'll do that instead.

I was thinking something like this:
pandashirtlf5.png

Keep in mind that I did that quickly.

I just learned something. I didn't realize that you could embed a vectorized image into a PDF. I figured that it was converted to pixels when made into a PDF and if I zoomed beyond 100% that it would start to distort it but that's not the case. This will work perfectly after all. Thanks again (and yes, I feel stupid now :)).

theta said:
I was thinking something like this:
<image removed>
That's cool. I was looking at something similar on a hat. I think a black hat with the logo in the center would rock.

Yeah, there's a few of these sites out there. I've messed around with CafePress a little. Anyone who would want to open up a shop like this would have to get permission from the OpenPandora team and possibly have to work out any arrangements with them beforehand. They might already have plans in this area once Pandora is released.

Prometheus said:
ok guys back on topic with gear that people would actually buy...
Hmm... Some ideas other than shirts and hats, which have already gotten a mention;

Pins
Bags of some description (a backpack or messenger bag, maybe?)
Mugs/cups
Keychains
Lanyards
A plush panda wearing a t-shirt with the Pandora logo printed on it

I don't know how many would really buy that last one, but there was a bit of talk a while ago of pandas/mascots, hence the idea.
<

Those are all fairly common things that tend to be offered by various custom merchandise firms. Some examples of various random clothing and other gear can be seen here - <a href="http://www.monogram.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.monogram.co.uk/</a> - and here - <a href="http://www.merchandisemania.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.merchandisemania.co.uk/</a> . (The latter seems to be behind at least some, if not all, of the goods sold from the Ubuntu Store, which are of nice quality, incidentally.).

I know that Bespoke USB do good lanyards, a friend of mine had some made with her companies logo on.

Back