New Pandora won't turn on any more

I have one more thing that you can try, If not I'm sure ED will be in here soon to arange an RMA. Don't be discouraged this is a great community and an awesome company. Somethings just slip under the radar no matter what.

Anyway a complete reflash using the flash kit may fix your unit. It is located at this page:

http://www.openpandora.org/firmware/

just download the pandora-flash-kit.zip and unzip it, inside you'll find a readme. It's not that hard to follow, just read it very carefully. What you are doing is flashing everything that you can on the Pandora as if it were a brand new out of the factory unit. This is very safe, the Pandora is for all intents and purposes brick proof.

You'll also need a copy of the firmware which you can find here:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/8424-superzaxxon-beta-5-released/

Try this and report back and if you need any help at any point just let me know on this page and I will help you through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im reminded of an odd problem i had like this once with my pandora.the solution was unconventional I think maybe it involved putting the battery in whilst holding the right trigger or such.I can't recall exactly though.Also it's possible i think to accidentally remove all the desktop icons and colour in the options.i once thought my pandy was behaving weird but the desktop display options were just changed.did you check the screen brightness?It could get saved with the brightness extremely low and could appear as if the screen was not on.try tilting the screen and moving it when it's turned on in case there is an lcd cable issue.

At this point it definitely looks like it's dead. Such is the nature of electronic sometimes: they can hold strong for years or a day, but then one tiny piece dies and takes the whole thing with it. Best bet is to contact the company you bought it from and ask for an RMA.

Hi,

I already tried all the holding buttons tricks. The Pandora is black. My first post links to pictures.

You should email to the same address you used for order stuff, the Administrator you PMed is very busy (doing almost everything from production management to firmware) and might not be able to respond to PMs often.

My OpenPandora returned and is working.

Now I am impressed with the device.

I copied the contents of the NAND to an SD card and booted from it. I love the menu-style GUI that can be switched to. It reminds me of Windows 8. Maybe this sort of thing is the future!

SSH works (albeit the network seems to be very slow) and so does VNC. I am happy with the device now. I named it "private" after the smallest of the Madagascar penguins giving me the option to give out more names to more and bigger Linux boxen in the future. I am normally a Mac user.

Anyway, the problem was resolved and though it took a long time, I am happy now.

whey glad to hear you got your working pandora, as unfortuniate as this whole audeal was for for your self. you have to admit the wait was work it. The pandora is imense piece of kit.

Weird.

Do you ear something when you shake it (while powered off, let's get careful) ?

Back