Pandora Won't Turn On

^ Sounds like you are on to something :) You could put some toilet paper on top of the battery before closing the compartment to press it a bit more onto the contacts.

edit:
Regarding your edit, the unit has to be shut off via menu to be really off. When it is charged it turns itself on though so it's best to go into low power mode when charging while the unit is not in use.

<goes insane>
Oh

my

gosh

IT WORKS! W000T! HA HA! :p
</insanity>

It was the battery contacts the whole dadgum time. I was 95% sure the paper towels wouldn't do it, but then the little green light came on, and I opened the lid, and it was booting right up! No hard-resets yet... 100% charge, 8.5 hours remaining... looks all good to go. Time to reflash one last time (to make sure the hard-resets didn't affect it) and re-apply the hotfixes. mali, you could add a tip that random hard-resets can be a lack-of-power issue. :)

If this goes all night with no resets, I'll request a replacement battery.

Edit:
Once the reflash is done, I'll take a pic of the battery, to make sure the slightly warped shape is normal. Are there any other things I should inspect for power issues? The contacts seem to line up fine

^ Actually this fits to Atomicthumb's issues where his Pandora reset when bumped. It seems that it was just so much worse on your unit so you didn't even have to move it to have it resetting. The observation that it seemingly happened after the battery had been depleted put us all on a wrong track :D
Hmm, this might also solve Prometeus' problem with random stopping of charging.

I don't see how, Mali, as that wasn't my issue, but the issue of someone else in my thread. ;) (Mine was that a slight knock to the charger jack jolted it out slightly, but it wouldn't start charging again after I replugged it, even though the red light was on. It only happened one - a reboot fixed it, and it hasn't happened again. I suspect it's an odd software thing in my case, but it would be difficult to reproduce. :p)

Alright, while it's decidedly less unstable, it still is unstable. If I pushed on the compartment (while it had the paper towel bits inside) it would be fine, but as soon as I released it would reset. It's gotten worse again, to the point where paper towels don't do the trick either, anymore.

I will call/e-mail OpenPandora in the morning. I feel good knowing the issue has at least been narrowed down to something specific. Thanks everyone for your help!

Maybe you should add more paper towels? I suspect that they have been compressed, and thus do not hold the battery as tightly as they did before.

Transmition said:
Maybe you should add more paper towels? I suspect that they have been compressed, and thus do not hold the battery as tightly as they did before.
Oh, yes, I tried that, to the point where the battery cover started bending a little bit, and I stopped. I want my warranty to still be valid. :)

(I also tried various pressure points on the battery.)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ A replacement battery _might_ be enough, but GBAX should know what to do.

@Prometheus
Oh I see, I didn't have the full thread in my head at the time of writing.

Back