Pandora not turning on

Annales

Hi everyone,

2 months ago I wanted to play around my pandora and it wouldn't turn on. I thought the battery needed charging and since I had other stuff to do I set it aside.
Last week I picked it up again and it wouldn't boot; so i decided to charge it:
  • Unfortunately the (official) charger didn't bring it back to life.
  • I tried removing the battery to charge. No dice.
  • I thought the charger was dead so I took my PSP charger. Nope.
  • Tried charging via micro-USB. Still nothing.

I think my Pandora has something that broke and is as good as dead. I wrote to Michael but he's yet to answer me (which isn't surprising considering he'd need 5 lives to finish all his projects).

Anyone have any ideas on what else I could try to get it going again?
Any help would be much appreciated.

It can take hours while plugged to see the power led coming back to life when using a totally discharged battery.

What do you mean when you say you took the battery out to charge? If you took it out and left it out for a little while prior to putting it back in to charge, how long did you leave it out? Has your Pandora ever been able to power on with no battery, but connected to the wall charger (IF THIS WORKS DO NOT PUT THE BATTERY BACK IN WHILE IT IS POWERED ON OR PLUGGED IN)? If the answer to that last one is "I don't know" you could give it a try, just keep in mind my warning.

Like Linux-SWAT said, trying to charge a totally dead battery could take a while before you see any sign of it trying to charge. If you have a known good charger plug it in and leave the Pandora alone all day before checking on it. For me it feels like it takes way longer using USB to charge it.

Did something happen that leads you to believe something broke, or is it just because it won't charge the battery? Did the magic smoke get out at some point?

Thank you for your answers. I left the charger longer and and just now (after 3 hours) it went on. I guess the battery is indeed getting old.

Regarding the "charging without battery": What I meant was i tried booting with no battery inside. My apologies if it was confusing; proofreading + understanding what I wrote is sometimes not sufficient.

Last edited:
Glad you could make it.
The long delay is not age-related, it's emptiness-related.

I'm always prudent on this regard. I leave it with ~30% battery when I know it's going in hibernation for a while. I guess I might have forgotten it last time. :p
Mais encore merci Linux-SWAT!

Yeah, when I let mine totally drain I just let it charge all day. I'm glad everything worked out. What are you going to play/do?

I'm planning to do some tethering with my new bought Raspberry PI. Don't know yet where i'll start but i'm going to have fun! :) (As long as the kids leave me alone that is)

Back