Pandora Comparison

AireTamStorm said:
Have a much more refined version here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df9b28k5_14pxkbrtcv

I checked alot of sources, wiki'd up alot of confirms, anything I couldn't find a second source on I removed and ?'d it.

If I'm wrong about anything feel free to hate on me as much as you'd like. Or, ask me to correct something.

Just so you know, the gamecube is ~70USD right now

Last edited by a moderator:
AireTamStorm said:

I checked alot of sources, wiki'd up alot of confirms, anything I couldn't find a second source on I removed and ?'d it.

If I'm wrong about anything feel free to hate on me as much as you'd like. Or, ask me to correct something.

You should try reading this thread. There are a few mistakes you've made. Also, you've omitted the pandora GPU spec.

I updated the first post, but you never added the chages.

The GPU is 110MHz. The polygons are 10 million but mean nothing, because there are lots of cheating ways (used by Sony) to increase the rate.

Aynway, thanks for the hard work. It looks great! Craigix mentioned 10 hours, but he also said in relation to Pandora as "Think EEE but less than half the size but all the power." So I wouldn't trust the 10 hours bit until I saw it with my own eyes.

You're missing the weight section and you've introduced a lot of bloat. Anyway, thanks again and make sure you add it to the wiki after you get bored of it. You don't need to add my name at the bottom. Feel free to remove it when you put it on the Wiki.

The brightness is also software controlled for the Pandora.

icurafu said:
I updated the first post, but you never added the chages.

The GPU is 110MHz. The polygons are 10 million but mean nothing, because there are lots of cheating ways (used by Sony) to increase the rate.

Aynway, thanks for the hard work. It looks great! Craigix mentioned 10 hours, but he also said in relation to Pandora as "Think EEE but less than half the size but all the power." So I wouldn't trust the 10 hours bit until I saw it with my own eyes.

You're missing the weight section and you've introduced a lot of bloat. Anyway, thanks again and make sure you add it to the wiki after you get bored of it. You don't need to add my name at the bottom. Feel free to remove it when you put it on the Wiki.

The brightness is also software controlled for the Pandora.

110MHz updated. I think the GC should be in a different sheet if at all, since this is a /handheld/ comparison sheet. It is however admittedly a great reference point for those who don't know alot about the Pandora.

I want to add all the sources on this. Do you have a source for the 110MHz and 10 mil polys?

Bloat? Extra rows, probably. Tell me in specific if you think anything is unnecessary.

PlopperZ said:
AireTamStorm said:

Just so you know, the gamecube is ~70USD right now

Actually it's 30 USD :p

Where can i find the hardware specs for Pandora?

Specifically the BUS architecture and clocks used (type and frequency). I have to admit that the shared memory has me a bit scared, it usually means more work for the programmers... need to be careful with all the context switches, and application/graphics memory... more debugging and more profiling to fine tune the software to the specific needs of the hardware.

Back