Pandora Button Xfce Issues

sweetlilmre

Hi,

As per this post on the official boards:

The Pandora button does not function (for me and many others) in xfce.

• Checking op_test_inputs from a shell shows that physically the button works (menu is highlighted when the button is pressed).
  • dbus events seem to be correctly generated:
    Code:
    dbus-monitor --system
    generates
    Code:
       string "ButtonPressed"
       string "menu"
    when the button is pressed

This suggests that somehow whatever is listening for the dbus event is not handling it or some similar situation.
Could one of the kernel devs or more knowledgable folk help out here (I am willing to do the grunt work, just point me in the right direction):

• What listens for the dbus events (and assumedly reads eventmap)?
  • Could this be some kind of weird permissions bug?
  • Is there any configuration block that survives a "full flash" that might affect this? (reflashing does not fix this issue)

Thanks in advance
-(e)

sweetlilmre said:
Hi,

As per this post on the official boards:

The Pandora button does not function (for me and many others) in xfce.

When you say "does not function", is that with or without running apps in the foreground? I kind of assumed that the Pandora button won't function when an emulator is running (and indeed, it doesn't), because the emulator has "control" of (or is foremost on) the screen. In XFCE, the pandora button either opens the "start" menu, or opens the task manager depending on how long you pressed it. Neither of those will be visible beneath a top-most emulator window, and thus the Pandora button will not function.

Of course, when nothing has control of the screen, the pandora button functions just fine - brings up the menu without problems.

In minimenu, the pandora button is no longer bound to the "start" menu, and as such functions as a "quit" button just fine, as there's no XFCE.

I don't see the problem - we're all running on identical hardware, yes?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
When you say "does not function", is that with or without running apps in the foreground?

Plain desktop, no apps running. xfce menu does not pop up. Neither does task killer (after a long press).

Dunny said:

See above. The button does not work under xfce, hence the problem.
This is some kind of issue that (for some reason) only occurs on certain Pandoras.

I have 2 Pandoras. One that works and one that doesn't. Both have identical config.

-(e)

sweetlilmre said:
Dunny said:
When you say "does not function", is that with or without running apps in the foreground?

Plain desktop, no apps running. xfce menu does not pop up. Neither does task killer (after a long press).

Dunny said:

See above. The button does not work under xfce, hence the problem.
This is some kind of issue that (for some reason) only occurs on certain Pandoras.

I have 2 Pandoras. One that works and one that doesn't. Both have identical config.

-(e)

How odd! I'd suggest only running XFCE on the one that works then.

D.

Dunny said:
How odd! I'd suggest only running XFCE on the one that works then.

D.

I guess I am rising to the bait here, but are you naturally like this, or do you work at it?

Anyway, perhaps someone can add some actual value to this thread? DJWillis?

-(e)

Back