Pandora at Tokyo Games Show 2012 ?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
I doubt there are many people who are going to be there in this community, but anyway:

I will be attending the TGS2012 in Tokyo in september, with my Pandora, of course.

I would be happy to meet any other happy Pandora owners if you happen to be there as well :)

I would like to but no time nor money xD

Maybe some other time. I've always wanted to see Akihabara. Although Im not really sure what for (don't understad Jpanese). Maybe finding some cool poeple to hang around, get drunk, play some Mau Mau lol. Hopefully I meet a girl who makes me lunch boxes. They look so damn tasty!

I would like to but no time nor money xD

Maybe some other time. I've always wanted to see Akihabara. Although Im not really sure what for (don't understad Jpanese). Maybe finding some cool poeple to hang around, get drunk, play some Mau Mau lol. Hopefully I meet a girl who makes me lunch boxes. They look so damn tasty!

Haha, dont expect too much from Akihabara. When I first went there, I was SERIOUSLY disappointed. It was probably way cooler like 15-20 years ago. Now, there is not so much that you cannot find anywhere else in Japan. I still go there once in a while, but simply to play in the huge taito/sega arcade buildings and see guys who obviously practiced hundreds of hours the same game to become masters at it. Impressive.

I'd love to go to Japan, it's on my list of places to visit. Sept is a busy month though, so I won't make making the show

Haha, dont expect too much from Akihabara. When I first went there, I was SERIOUSLY disappointed. It was probably way cooler like 15-20 years ago. Now, there is not so much that you cannot find anywhere else in Japan.
I read the same thing in GAMEStm recently. It's a real shame, like the death of videogame arcades, but the world moves on.

Haha, dont expect too much from Akihabara. When I first went there, I was SERIOUSLY disappointed. It was probably way cooler like 15-20 years ago. Now, there is not so much that you cannot find anywhere else in Japan.
I read the same thing in GAMEStm recently. It's a real shame, like the death of videogame arcades, but the world moves on.

Yeah - the world of video games is very different now from what it was 20 years ago. Somehow arcades still survive in Japan, but it's clearly not at the same level as what it used to be.

I have been to Akihabara twice, in 1993 and 1997 on one of my asia trips (had to check my old passports for the exact year :D ). I really enjoyed it. Me and my friend visited tons of shops and arcades. I still have all the items I bought there, such as rare OSTs from Soul Blader and Shining in the darkness.

I will visit this place again someday (with my wife). Ekianjo, do you live in Tokyo?

PS: One of the funniest stories happened in one of the arcades (not in Akihabara, I don't remember which part of Tokyo it was). We had really no chance winning at Street Fighter II. I was wondering why the game was so hard to beat, until I realised that most of the cabinets were linked and I was playing against one of those arcade freaks. The other day, we visited an arcade with a big screen for spectators. My friend saw his chance to win at least once (against a little school girl). But you can image what happened. He lost and all the people there had a really good laugh. It was so funny and we were the only western people at this place. :)

I have been to Akihabara twice, in 1993 and 1997 on one of my asia trips (had to check my old passports for the exact year :D ). I really enjoyed it. Me and my friend visited tons of shops and arcades. I still have all the items I bought there, such as rare OSTs from Soul Blader and Shining in the darkness.

I will visit this place again someday (with my wife). Ekianjo, do you live in Tokyo?

PS: One of the funniest stories happened in one of the arcades (not in Akihabara, I don't remember which part of Tokyo it was). We had really no chance winning at Street Fighter II. I was wondering why the game was so hard to beat, until I realised that most of the cabinets were linked and I was playing against one of those arcade freaks. The other day, we visited an arcade with a big screen for spectators. My friend saw his chance to win at least once (against a little school girl). But you can image what happened. He lost and all the people there had a really good laugh. It was so funny and we were the only western people at this place. :)

No, I live in Kobe, but Tokyo is just a (short but expensive) train trip away.

I sometimes challenge people in arcades, just for fun, on games I know well (Tekken, Sould Calibur), but I ALWAYS get my ass kicked. There's no chance in the world you can win against them :)

I'll be back in Japan at the end of October, too bad I'll miss TGS2012, that would have been fun.

I work for a company in Shizuoka so usually visit 3-4 times a year, not as much as I'd like these days (used to spend about 3 months/year there).

I'll be back in Japan at the end of October, too bad I'll miss TGS2012, that would have been fun.

I work for a company in Shizuoka so usually visit 3-4 times a year, not as much as I'd like these days (used to spend about 3 months/year there).

What kind of company is it (if it's not too much of a private thing to ask?)

I love Japan, and had a great time in Akihabara when I was there - but I was mostly in Akihabara for the synthesizer shopping and electronics parts sourcing, and I have to say that the best 2nd-hand music shops in the world are in Akihabara. If I had the money, I'd go back there and buy up a lot of the synth stock .. ;)

Not at all, I work for Star Micronics, we're a manufacturer, mostly of machine tools (lathes etc.) precision parts (tiny gears, watch parts, screws for hard disks etc.) and printers (for receipting, lottery etc). A lot of the old timers here probably had a Star printer in the 90's - I did, hooked up to my Amiga.

I work for the printer group, managing a small western R&D department, mainly software. It's a great company to work for, the best part is definitely getting to visit Shizuoka and Tokyo regularly, I've visited Japan around 30 times now, and still love it.

I love Japan, and had a great time in Akihabara when I was there - but I was mostly in Akihabara for the synthesizer shopping and electronics parts sourcing, and I have to say that the best 2nd-hand music shops in the world are in Akihabara. If I had the money, I'd go back there and buy up a lot of the synth stock .. ;)

I still love Akihabara for the retro games shops like Super Potatoe - you find very rare gems there that are difficult to get anywhere else.

I work for the printer group, managing a small western R&D department, mainly software. It's a great company to work for, the best part is definitely getting to visit Shizuoka and Tokyo regularly, I've visited Japan around 30 times now, and still love it.

If you ever stay again in Japan for a while, let me know - we may be able to meet/

Hey ekianjo! I didn't know you were also Japan livin' guy! (now that I look at your location ... doh)

Ever been to a Tokyo Game Show before?

Heh, I went last year. It was, well, crowded, wasn't expecting that. After waiting 5 hours in line to play a PSVita, I think I've had my fill :p But I can certainly understand the appeal of going! It is quite an event!

That's gotta be a long trip for you from Kobe to Chiba. Do you do it in a day?

Heh, I went last year. It was, well, crowded, wasn't expecting that. After waiting 5 hours in line to play a PSVita, I think I've had my fill :p But I can certainly understand the appeal of going! It is quite an event!

That's gotta be a long trip for you from Kobe to Chiba. Do you do it in a day?

Usually a night :) Night bus! This year I'm still considering whether to go by bus or not... recently there were many buses accidents in the news.

Hey you are in Ibaraki ? What do you do there? Since when have you been in Japan ?

Yeah, I am an Ibaraki Jin, kinda. I am spreading the good word ... of English ... to young children. It's a cute job, but not forever. I'm in my 4th year now.

How about yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back