Tokyo Game Show 2011

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Tokyo_Games_Show_Logo.png

title_index.gif

Name TOKYO GAME SHOW 2011 Dates Business Days

10:00-17:00, September 15 (Thursday) & September 16 (Friday), 2011

* Admission on Business Days is restricted to those people working in the game industry and those in the press.

* Tickets for Business Days go on sale in August 1.

Public Days

10:00-17:00, September 17 (Saturday) & September 18 (Sunday), 2011

* Priority tickets may set the advance walk-in time.

* Admission Door close at 16:00.
Venue Makuhari Messe [official site] Organizer Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association (CESA) Co-organizer Nikkei Business Publications, Inc. Supporter Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry Admission Fees

(Public Days) * Adults: In advance: JPY1,000 per day, Day of the show: JPY1,200 per day

※Tickets are available at the DAY TICKET boxes on site.

Ticket sold in advance: JPY1,000 per day [buy Tickets]

* Children (elementary school age and under): free of charge Admission Fees

(Business Days) Business Day Tickets (in advance): JPY5,000

Admission on Business Days (September 15 & 16) is restricted to those in the game industry and press only. Inquiries Please see the contact address.

* Notice to Visitors

Because the event "Amusement Machine Show" for arcade game consoles is holding at Hall 9&10 of Makuhari Messe from 15 to 17 on September during TOKYO GAME SHOW 2011 period, please do not make a misplace on the occasion of arrival. (TOKYO GAME SHOW is holding at Hall 1-8) Please be noted no refunds are available to whom it has purchased the admission ticket of the Amusement Machine Show by mistake.

It'll be upon us soon, so I hope to see something good come out of Nintendo for once.

What are you guys and girls looking forward to?

Ah, another TGS, another disappointment in Konami not announcing a new Suikoden game. I can't wait. At least they've got a bunch of RPGs this time (why Konami, why be so big on new franchises now that it comes to RPGs :<) With all their love of PSP and 3DS you'd think they could just move it there with a modest budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not showing anything Mega Man (I've seen a preview shot of Capcom's press-pack). This makes Prometheus an unhappy soul, especially with the upcoming 25th anniversary.

Ah, another TGS, another disappointment in Konami not announcing a new Suikoden game. I can't wait. At least they've got a bunch of RPGs this time (why Konami, why be so big on new franchises now that it comes to RPGs :<) With all their love of PSP and 3DS you'd think they could just move it there with a modest budget.
theyre bringing a 3D contra game, your argument is irrelevant

TGS Desires:

Vita News.

FF Type-0 news that leads to leak/info about US Release Date (or at least their plans) (Although unlikely at TGS)

Big Titles to Save the 3DS that I overpaid for and is collecting dust. (Currently beyond Mario 3D Land, not excited for much)

I'm not ready for PS4 annoucement yet.

That's about it.

Oh some news on DQ 10, and the hope that they release it for 3DS as well. (that would make my 3DS purchase worth it, even if they never released another game)

One thing is for sure. I expect Sony to dominate this show. But Nintendo needs this show more than anybody.

TGS Desires:

Vita News.

FF Type-0 news that leads to leak/info about US Release Date (or at least their plans) (Although unlikely at TGS)

Big Titles to Save the 3DS that I overpaid for and is collecting dust. (Currently beyond Mario 3D Land, not excited for much)

I'm not ready for PS4 annoucement yet.

That's about it.

Oh some news on DQ 10, and the hope that they release it for 3DS as well. (that would make my 3DS purchase worth it, even if they never released another game)

One thing is for sure. I expect Sony to dominate this show. But Nintendo needs this show more than anybody.
Yeah my 3ds is a dust collector too.Nothing worth playing on it yet.Though i hope it gets better.

Sony, I'm with you.

I dont know if it's because alot of the information was already leaked by Famitsu or what, but I didnt have any HOLY _____!!! E3 was much better.

FF 10 HD remake is cool, MH4 and FE for 3DS is cool, but still. Nothing that I'm calling my buddies about to tell them what news I just heard.

I have to take back what I said, it turns out they did announce a Suikoden game for PSP (despite not being on that lineup page).. it's not Suikoden 6 and fan speculation is predominantly that it rings of Tierkreis, something fans are (rightfully) not the least bit positive about.. But I'm holding out hope that even if they don't advance the old plot and setting they'll still produce a story and gameplay worthy of the series.

If Konami is paying any attention to the fanbase at all they'll at least incorporate a lot more old Suikoden staples into it than Tierkreis had. Six party members, rune-style magic system, war battles, decent HQ building, minigames, etc.. They did a half assed job of this on Suikoden 4 and listened to the fan reaction, correcting their mistakes for 5. No reason why that can't happen again.

I don't know if it'll be released outside of Japan given what the PSP market is like, but PSP had a pretty good track record for PSP RPG localization and Konami has been fairly good about bringing over Suikoden games (save for Suikogaiden and Card Stories which are pretty understandable).. PSN gives a less risky venue and they can probably push sales onto Vita that way too. Same goes for the other PSP games Konami is currently developing. If they don't, and if it turns out to be more of a "Suikoden game" than Tierkreis, I expect there to at least be attempts of a fan translation. The English-speaking fanbase is pretty hardcore.

Back