Pandora At Maxconsole

Gruso said:
Hooray for copypasta news, and the brand-whore responses in their forums.

"Doesn't the PSP already do all this plus more?" lol.
+1 LOL those forums are funny as hell. PSP fanboy losers :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
Hooray for copypasta news, and the brand-whore responses in their forums.

"Doesn't the PSP already do all this plus more?" lol.
Heh... Why worry about a bunch of know-nothing 'tards that think they know it all?

Just worry about making the best game console out there and worry about backing it with purchases if you can't help out that way. That IS what this whole endeavor is about, isn't it? Those jokers aren't the people I'm doing this all for- I'm doing it for myself and everyone else that's participating, much like my involvement with more general things Linux.

It is still a little advertising for the Pandora.
Sure... the comments are childish and stupid... but it's advertising.

Judging by the comments on thier forum. The Pandora won't be as successful as some people were hoping it might be. But then again, those people are a bunch of idiots. Somebody should go on there and talk about all the features it will have.

joschu said:
It is still a little advertising for the Pandora.
Sure... the comments are childish and stupid... but it's advertising.
I was more referring to the people in the forums than the Maxconsole people. In the same breath, though, one should concern themselves with getting it more done before worrying TOO much about advertising this thing. It's not quite vapor since it takes $$$ to make multilayer circuit boards, etc. but until it's got that first 3k run or a follow-on, it's still not something that one wants to make a big deal out of. I certainly wouldn't want that if I were CraigX or MWeston. I'd like a little hype, but not a lot. Keep mostly below the radar until you're ready- there's entirely too many people that would like to see something like this fail and take great pleasure in crowing about it if we all don't make it happen.

PlopperZ said:
Judging by the comments on thier forum. The Pandora won't be as successful as some people were hoping it might be. But then again, those people are a bunch of idiots. Somebody should go on there and talk about all the features it will have.
I rather think not. This bunch strikes me as not the kind that cares one whit for specs. They only believe that someone like Nintendo or Sony is capable of making things like this- I know the kind and you won't be shifting them until you have that first 3k out the door and you start wiping smug looks off of people's faces.

Sphinxter said:
Just rabid psp fanboys declaring their love for and trying to protect their investment from the new king of handhelds. Question is who the fuck said it would emulate a DS? And why?
I think the 'tards over there did that...of course, I could be wrong. :D

Tinnus said:
Looks like I just posted there and did some P'wning. :)
I'd say you did a good job. Shame it's a bunch of PSP fanboys you did it with. These boys, their heads strike me as being denser than depleted Uranium... :D

Svartalf said:
Tinnus said:
I'd say you did a good job. Shame it's a bunch of PSP fanboys you did it with. These boys, their heads strike me as being denser than depleted Uranium... :D

At least some of them have some sense.

seeing this post made me want to join this forum, I am a proud owner of a psp hacked to the gills and I love my little homebrew baby but if the pandora takes off then you will see it on ebay. With the specs that the pandora is promising plus a full keyboard and tv out it is pretty much everything that me and alot of other people have been waiting for I really hope this thing takes off.

Tinnus said:
You shouldn't have bothered. Most of them are already married to their PSPs and DSs and will not change their minds just because you supply facts or use logic. All your post is likely to do is rile them up.

The fact is, Pandora is not for everybody. It will never be popular with most of the kids that post on Maxconsole. That's not a bad thing. Let them hate all they want and keep living in fear of the next firmware update that will break their toy yet again. The overwhelming majority would not bring anything positive to the community anyway.

sm1988 said:
seeing this post made me want to join this forum, I am a proud owner of a psp hacked to the gills and I love my little homebrew baby but if the pandora takes off then you will see it on ebay. With the specs that the pandora is promising plus a full keyboard and tv out it is pretty much everything that me and alot of other people have been waiting for I really hope this thing takes off.
Your intelligent and insightful post has renewed my faith.

Sphinxter said:
I find most confusing the shitheads who think a eee pc could actually replace it.
Same. For one thing, the EeePC is just much bigger, plus there's no left/right shoulder buttons as well as all the other features that are missing.

I really wouldn't bother with the guys on their forums, they're just never going to accept that it's a good console and leave it at that. Instead, they'll just shoot it down because they don't know anything about it and don't want to.

if it had the power to fully REPLICA a psp (in terms of running it's firmware/cfw and loading all of its homebrew) as well as play ds/n64 games. then i might consider it.

oh oh, also it needs a better dpad like the original Ps2 controller, i hate that dpad that is in that picture.

uh

NO

Back