Pandora as remote keyboard / input for PC

Suilu/IP

Still Fresh
I was wondering if pandora could be used (if at least in future) as keyboard or maybe even stylus input for windows / linux PC. I was thinking of bluetooth connectivity as base for connecting to the win or linux machine and use the keyboard on the pandora for input or just complete remote control. I am not an advanced linux user, but I thought I'd read somewhere that this feature could work (if only theoreticly).

Sure, it could work, but currently I'm not aware of any software that actually lets you do it.

Taking input from the client (Pandora), and sending it across TCP/IP to a PC would be pretty easy. I think the hardest part would be processing those messages as if you'd used the hardware; but it's not impossible

Just make sure your PC runs sshd, and then ssh to your PC from your Pandora. Use X forwarding if needed. Should work out of the box.

I'm not sure how that could work... to change screens in the current version of synergy on the pandora you need to move the mouse off the screen. The touchscreen by definition moves the mouse to somewhere *on* the screen.

That being said, I've often used Synergy control another machine from the pandora and it works quite well.

- Neelix

I see two possible solutions for that:

- move to the other screen with the help of the nub

- define a hotkey to switch screens (see synergy2.sourceforge.net/configuration.html)

Once you switched the screens, you could try if the touchscreen works. I also read about an Android-Synergy-App. So i would assume that either through that or by the native Linux-Synergy-client, touchscreen should work. But i haven't tried that yet myself.

Back