Pandora as laptop replacement at a "geek conference" / during holidays

I have gotten pretty good at using the Pandora's keyboard for editing code and typing.

I sometimes find my self trying to use Pandora-like key combinations on a regular keyboard.

I have an IBM M13 clicky keyboard (black with TrackPoint II) that works on the Pandora using a PS/2 to USB adapter.

Can't wait to see the reactions when I whip out the combo at the Library:

Code:
|=[_]=| Pandora

(============

(============  Stack of Books

(============

|------------------------------|

|------------------------------| 4.5 pound keyboard

I have a quad butterfly acordian folding bluetooth keyboard. It's about the same size as the Pandora when closed up. Works well. It's the same setup as the original Palm quad folding keyboards - it just doesn't require a physical link.

I still need a TV out cable. I bought a set of plugs as a backup plan, but would still like to get the official cable that I paid for 3+ years ago.

Code:
|=[_]=| Pandora

(============

(============  Stack of Books

(============

|------------------------------| 4.5 pound keyboard

Haha, that would be awesome. It needs to be said that you have an excellent taste in keyboards!

LibreOffice.

Still something I really wanna see on the Pandora :( I ran OpenOffice through PanDebian a while back but it was quite slow and the permissions were a nuisance.

@Ivanovic: I actually live quite close to San Francisco. Just an hour north! There's a Google conference there?

the Pandora is even better than a laptop.

I began to study last week and my Pandora does all the work.

You kan download everything as a PDF. With "Xournal" and the touchscteen I can take notes there. Which laptop can do this?

It's only one little example how useful the Pandora is if used whisely. :D

I have an IBM M13 clicky keyboard (black with TrackPoint II) that works on the Pandora using a PS/2 to USB adapter.

Can't wait to see the reactions when I whip out the combo at the Library:

Taking an IBM model M keyboard into a library constitutes a serious breach of the "Shhh!" rule!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back