Pandora and icp?

justicekirby

Still Fresh
With the prospect of a tv out cable at some point....I presume that using the icp with pandora works with relative ease, and all features (incl analog nubs) work nicely? I understand icp has shoulder buttons too, so am hoping ps1 gaming in particular will work nicely.

Cheers

Simon

I think it depends on individual games/emus supporting external controls atm...

Only issue with the ICP and PS1 games is the lack of L2/R2 buttons. on the Pandora I generally map them to the keyboard.. however on the ICP there is no extra buttons to map to.

Assuming iCP is the player 2, L2/R2 buttons can be mapped to select/start, but don't hold start for too long, it will power down the iCP ^^.

Picodrive (megadrive/genesis) also works great with iCP.

That said, if your playing a single player game, start and select may not be used entirely that much.. those could still be mapped to the Pandora keyboard and you just need to hit them on the Pandora directly..

Agreed with Picodrive.. it's prob one of my most used emulators.

And mine, I use my iCP as a player 2 controller mostly (if I'm not using my Retrode), I also brought it with the want of using it as a home console with TV out, I find any emulator that supports joypads works fine, if it doesn't then I set it up as in hid keyboard mode, the nubs don't work like this but it does mean that if the emulator supports keyboard input it will work.

I will try to get my iCP set up with a Pandora soon, I'd really like for it to just plain work for games that support it (and/or for which we can get fixes..) but for some reason I didn't think to do it yet.

The only emulator I've tried to use it with that it didnt was snes9xp, as far as I can tell though that emulator doesn't support multiplayer at all (can't find player 2 controls anywhere).

For the most part though, I just go to control settings and set all the controls once, save global and job done.

Back