Pandora 2 talk?????

Lord Moonscar

Still Fresh
I realized in some of the Pandora news there is Pandora 2 talk.... this is getting me nervous because im scared my Pandora will be majorly outdated when Pandora 2 comes out.

Should I consider canceling my order and waiting for Pandora 2?

I realized in some of the Pandora news there is Pandora 2 talk.... this is getting me nervous because im scared my Pandora will be majorly outdated when Pandora 2 comes out.

Should I consider canceling my order and waiting for Pandora 2?

I wouldn't, since the OPT isn't even working on Pandora 2.

No. Don't cancel. OP is only just getting traction on the original pandora units, and by all accounts have not even started thinking about the next iteration.

Of course, there will *eventually* be a Pandora 2, but not in the forseeable future. Ihe talk you see here in relation to it, though, is either purely hypothetical or ideas for later reference.

Even if you were to receive your Pandora at Christmas this year (sounds silly now, but we'll see) then you would still be able to enjoy it for several years before the Pandora 2 would actually be available (if ever).

Thank you everyone for the feedback and I have decided based on these ideas that I will NOT consider canceling my order ever again.... PANDORA YOU WILL BE MINE :D

Pandora #2 talk has been going on since... forever! Seriously, I can not count the topics anymore that were made for this specific purpose. A second Pandora is at least five years away from now, I'm absolutely sure about that. OpenPandora hasn't even delivered the second batch completely, so why they would even begin with a second Pandora really boggles my mind. There is still so much to be realized for making the Pandora a (lasting) success.

Let's say they deliver all units from batch one and two before the end of this year. After that there's at least another year of development. Then a year of research for wants and needs for the second Pandora, and then at least a year to realize it all. Add in another year for the miscalculations, and you are five years ahead already. By that time there will also be a couple of other new devices in the market as well. But until that time, the Pandora is a pretty unique piece of hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
i already have a pre-order for the 2nd one, they give out a pre-order form with every premium purchase of the current pandora

^ Well, it is named after a series of real events. :p (But you knew that. :lol: )

For every order that you cancel, that's $350 less that OP has for a Pandora 2. So if you wanna get some bang for your buck, don't buy the Pandora; the current one will last that much longer. ;)

i already have a pre-order for the 2nd one, they give out a pre-order form with every premium purchase of the current pandora

what are you talking about? there is no pre-order for a pandora 2 yet :) why are u winding everyone up for?

There's little point in talking about the Pandora 2 since we'll probably have 5 GHz processors for mobile devices in the next few years.

OpenPandora hasn't even delivered the second batch completely

They haven't even delivered the first batch completely :)
tell me about it!

Don't Cancel. Pandora#2 is a myth

Anyway Pandora1 will be able to the same stuff in 10 years time as it can now.

Okay the screen is likely to be pink and the nubs worn out and those that overclocked to the max will be smelling smoke by now.

I don't get this out-dated crap. The box is capable of a finite about of stuff and that's it.

We know the Pandora is unique so it can't be bettered. Desktops are fast. You want speed buy one of those.

Please let the technology required for a Pandora2 to actually exist outside a lab before we speak any further about it.

I heard that the Pandora3 will be open source nanites that you inject into your blood. they will have a collective computing power of 3000 Ghz and you will have wireless connectivity with your brain. You will be able to mod your endocrine system to help you get up in the morning and give you adrenaline boosts to help you work out. They will also keep you cancer free and help you to modify your DNA to your liking.

Back