pandora 2 enabling newbie developed games?

monstercameron

Website
www.thinkteletronics.com
We can all agree that there aren't enough devs in this community(or another way, that there could be more), so what if the next pandora facilitated development for user that do not code(more design oriented)? There have been a few high level approaches made with glbasic and love2d but to a newb(like myself) lua and (not that hard)basic might still be out of reach(even though they understand a few concepts). I want your opinions on a tool like this https://www.scirra.com/ , or a custom pandora 2 visual editor not unlike visual studio and vb.net?

Best bet is the visual basic interpreters like fenix or like glbasic like you mentioned.

Dont expect anyone is going to make anything else. Also if you really want to dev then you have to be willing and able to put the effort into it. If it means you have to learn C then that what you need to do or change the process yourself. Otherwise pray and hope someone has the same passion for something you do and does it for you.

Open source devices are really about bettering yourself, if you get stuck others may help.

Why is this specific to the P2?

Its a software problem - if programming tools are missing, they can be made available on the P1.

I think it would be more wise to recruit more professional coders than try and dumb down the device. We could host Kickstarter campeigns to pay someone to code something that community desires. That way, its a community project, but done in a professional manner

I have benn loking at the good old GBAX competitions and I got to see people creating sdl engines and and great stuff like that, if that could be managed to be made in a compo then with some effort Pandora comunity could do this I think... Damn it would be good if GBAX Compettitions could be back :p there were people with lots of talent there shame that, that kind of passion has been gone more or less...

I have benn loking at the good old GBAX competitions and I got to see people creating sdl engines and and great stuff like that, if that could be managed to be made in a compo then with some effort Pandora comunity could do this I think... Damn it would be good if GBAX Compettitions could be back :p/> there were people with lots of talent there shame that, that kind of passion has been gone more or less...

So you're going to set this up, right?

since we run emulators I do not see a lack of games for this system or for the P2.

If people do need to design games easily they can use game-maker. I think it works on android also.

However: writing software still does require some programming, and with this open system there is no lack of development tools.

Back