PanDebian

Ok pandebian is been installed and it works but there are no programs in there at all,where is all the programs and inc. openoffice.

Can i delete the ,pnd file now,or do i have to keep it the root of the card,in system there new program called pandebian pandebian is there,do i use that program.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but if you open a terminal in pandebian then type in 'synaptic' it should load up the synaptic package manager. Then from within there you can then download some programs like open office and hundreds more.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but if you open a terminal in pandebian then type in 'synaptic' it should load up the synaptic package manager. Then from within there you can then download some programs like open office and hundreds more.

Ok you are right it gives you hundrads of programs i downloaded openoffice but i couldn't find it where it went.

Hmmm, not sure then, for me when I downloaded it, it simply appeared in the pandebian menu, under office (iirc). You could try just typing 'openoffice' into the terminal menu also

CJ

Hmmm, not sure then, for me when I downloaded it, it simply appeared in the pandebian menu, under office (iirc). You could try just typing 'openoffice' into the terminal menu also

CJ

I installed pandebian from sd1 slot,is that correct.

I typed openoffice but nothing happened,what did you mean by CJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ocean, you installed openoffice with apt-get, I hope. Just downloading it somewhere won't work, of course.

Edit: ah, ok, you used synaptic... Then oo should be in the menu.

Did you try running it from commandline?

:) CJ is my name.

don't know about the sd1 slot thing. could try typing 'openoffice.org' can't remember off-hand. Hopefully Gregor can step in and give you some more helpful advice.

Did Open office give any errors when installed

DrCJBoduma

:) CJ is my name.

don't know about the sd1 slot thing. could try typing 'openoffice.org' can't remember off-hand. Hopefully Gregor can step in and give you some more helpful advice.

Did Open office give any errors when installed

DrCJBoduma

Openoffice didn't give any errors,it was successful 100%.

So basically i downloaded the program synaptic package manager which has all the programs an don't where the program went isn't it suppose to office come on top left monitor type icon.

Ocean, you installed openoffice with apt-get, I hope. Just downloading it somewhere won't work, of course.

Edit: ah, ok, you used synaptic... Then oo should be in the menu.

Did you try running it from commandline?

Yes i ran it through pandebian terminal and from there synaptic opened and installed openoffice from there.

This thing not working for me. First, i am running HF7b1 from sd and was installing pandebian on second sd card formatted to ext2. I spend the whole night downloading, leaving it to set up. this morning I woke up to check it only to see my Pandora screen was off. i press the power and all it wouldnt come back on. I assume it was finished and somehow frozen the screen. the unit was still on. I shut it, put the sd card to the left slot and rebooted while holding down right shoulder button but boot from sd come up. what did I do wrong.

I think I just saw my error while typing but oh well. This should be much like easydebain from the Nokia Nseries. It works within the default os. so never mind.

Your booting from a different partition than the boot up instructions are expecting.. I did a similar thing.. I Remember having to modify the boot arguments(boot.txt?) and point it to the correct partition for it to boot correctly.. my Pandora is in for RMA and I formatted over the SD card that had Pandebian otherwise I could be more specific..

OK. I reformatted my card, 1gb, and I'm going to re-try this installation, this time using the loop ext2 file instead of direct install in HF6Final.

Edit: this thing is freezing again. I'm not really sure why. As stated I reformatted the card to ext2. It seem to be stuck creating the loop file at 413m. I got more than that yesterday with the direct install.

Probably not the solution but have you disabled the screenblanking option under the settings>LCD settings? If that kicks in during the install it 'might' cause it to go seemingly unresponsive.

Now I have a in deboowait that base system install completely but, I dont see nothing in the menu.

Now I have a in deboowait that base system install completely but, I dont see nothing in the menu.
I mean base system installed successfully
Ok. the installation is progressing so I guess its good now. I have set up password, etc. Now its downloading packages.

Edit: success, I now have the debian icon in the left upper corner.

Glad you could make it.

If you want, you can also move the icon. Right click, options etc...

After rebooting my pandora the icon didnt come back or in the menu so, i took a break from this thing, takes too long to install and not work.

Edit: it seems like creating the loop file takes most of the install time or is it just my settings that makes it seem that way?

Probably not the solution but have you disabled the screenblanking option under the settings>LCD settings? If that kicks in during the install it 'might' cause it to go seemingly unresponsive.
and why is this screenblankingg on?

Back