Paint Question

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
Hi

I just went into our local OBI Markt (tool shop with a fucking orange beaver), in order to have a look at the painting section (for two purposes: Painting my room, and Painting my GP32). It wasn´t hard to find some paint for my room, and I also found some spraypaint (from the company Montana, which belongs to OBI). I had a look at the tin, and it said (freely translated): "sticks to various surfaces, like wood, metal, paintable plastic...". Now, is the GP32 made of paintable plastic :huh: ? If yes, I will probably buy one tin of black apint, if not, I´ll have to look for another tool-shop

well it says "bounds to PAINTABLE plastic". So im sure there must be some difference between palstic and painable plastic :rolleyes:

no, they just have that one. I should add, that im living in a small town, so they probably don´t have every product.

well, i guess plasticote is a brand name, is it? If so, do they sell in germany?

wait, this is what I found when googling for plastocte:

"Perfectly suitable for spraying on to paper cardboard, wood, metal, ceramic,glass, solvent resistant plastics, dried flowers. 150ml. £4.99"

So i guess "Lackierbare Kunststoffe" can be translated with "solvent resistant plastics". SO the color should be useable

They probably do. I can buy it in woolworthes and B&Q, but I don't know if these shops are in germany too.

well, we have woolworth, but its more like a supermarket.

But i found some information when googling for "plasticote":
http://www.canonburyarts.co.uk/materials/p...plasticote.html

says

erfectly suitable for spraying on to paper cardboard, wood, metal, ceramic,glass, solvent resistant plastics, dried flowers. 150ml. £4.99

So the german term "lackierbare Kunstoffe" can probably be translated with "solvent resistant plastics" :D

thanks everyone

Yes, lackierbare Kunststoffe are fine. You should be able to use it. If you want to be 100% sure, get Marabu, I use that to undercoat any plastic I come across ;) If you wwant to seal your G32 though don't just use Marabu Mattlack. that stuff adds practically nothing to protection. Use a Gloss varnish (Klarlack) and if you want it matte, use Mattlack over it.

Man, that was a nice post. A great mixture of German and English. I'm patting myself on the back.

Back