P-Uae Users - Status

clyborg

Still Fresh
Anyone using P-UAE?

So far this is the top application I'm looking forward to, so I have some questions:

1. How does it run so far?

2. AGA supported?

3. 68020 supported?

4. HDD and/or whdload supported?

One game I'm interested in the most is Mechforce. I tried many amiga emulators on Zodiac, Windows Mobile, PSP, and Android. Mechforce uses an interlace resolution, and it flickes too much on devices I metioned. I was wondering if someone using P-UAE (and UAE4ALL) can test Mechforce to see how well it plays?

Thanks!

Jason

It runs, but not very well because it's using a C core for both the 68k and 020.

Actually the lack of progress on Amiga emulation is making me consider the possibility of picking up uae4all and working on it - if only there was a dev solution for the mac!

Be aware that UAE was very unfriendly to replacing CPU cores by design. I had really hard time to get Cyclone working in UAE4ALL, and it resulted it compatibility drop. This might have changed by now though.

craigix said:
Actually the lack of progress on Amiga emulation is making me consider the possibility of picking up uae4all and working on it - if only there was a dev solution for the mac!
All that's holding me back is Pickle finally releasing the sources of his port. I'm lacking knowledge to port the old GP2X- or Wiz-version myself.

But I could add some stuff that'd make UAE4All more enjoyable.

Btw., already successfully built smoku's Nokia N900-port (incl. savestates) on the Pandora - but it runs surprisingly slow (although I used the branch that utilizes Cyclone).

Last edited by a moderator:
john4p said:
craigix said:
All that's holding me back is Pickle finally releasing the sources of his port. I'm lacking knowledge to port the old GP2X- or Wiz-version myself.

But I could add some stuff that'd make UAE4All more enjoyable.

Btw., already successfully built smoku's Nokia N900-port (incl. savestates) on the Pandora - but it runs surprisingly slow (although I used the branch that utilizes Cyclone).

sorry for the delay, ill get it done today

Yes! :D

No need to apologize - you've been porting so many great emulators, interpreters and other applications for us. :)

Craig - you can build gcc etc on mac for targetting arm. Or install a vm (parallels, vmware, virtualbox, etc) and do it in vm to save bootcamping it. See my blo post - 5 minute setup once youvr downloaded eveything and set up yhe vm :)

Jeffphone

Short-term could someone please fix saves to disk on UAE4ALL?
This worked previously on the GP2X version.
Thanks

I was arseing around the other day on the net for something and read this:

PSPUAE — the PSP Ubiquitous Amiga Emulator.
Released by FOL, PSPUAE v0.80 BETA features preliminary AGA (Advanced Graphics Architecture) support.

Not sure if that's of interest to anyone, I've not had time to go through all the posts and stuff as I'm very busy with other things, but some of you might want to google it and see if it's of interest then report back.

I was surprised that Amiga wasn't in a better state too. I mean we almost have near fullspeed PSX and even decent N64 but Amiga lags. I can't believe that a 7 MHz Amiga was more complex than those. You would think an unoptimized Amiga emu would even be smooth at 500 MHz.

Pickle has always said that he was never much into the Amiga and he is already working on 8 million other things, so I'm not surprised its not perfect yet. Hopefully someone else will pick it up who followed the Amiga more *cough* john4p *cough* :D

More things to look forward to ;)

DaveC said:
I was surprised that Amiga wasn't in a better state too. I mean we almost have near fullspeed PSX and even decent N64 but Amiga lags. I can't believe that a 7 MHz Amiga was more complex than those. You would think an unoptimized Amiga emu would even be smooth at 500 MHz.

Um... it is?

It's the 14Mhz Amiga that's causing the problems :p

Pickle said:
source setup here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54887-uae4all-source/
Thanks!

@jonlad1: Chui (UAE4All's creator) recently implemented savestate-support when he ported UAE4All to the Dingoo. This was also successfully ported to the Nokia N900 (which is quasi a Pandora - only with poor battery and no gaming controls). So yes - savestates are possible to be added. Dunno if I can successfully merge this into Pickle's sources, but I'm sure someone will do it in the next weeks.
First thing I'll add is the possibility to move the displayed area vertically at any time.
Btw., I'd be more than happy if a more experienced coder than I would work on UAE4All.

Here are the sources of smokku's Nokia N900-port:

http://github.com/smokku/uae4all

what about p-uae? so we can mess about with amigaOS's or workbech harddrive installs? is anyone gonna work on that?

Quite surprised (maybe peeved) about this actually! I thought Amiga was no problem, now nobody wants to work on it!??? The glory of creating a perfect miggy emulator is there for the taking surely?!!

NickLoTurco said:
Quite surprised (maybe peeved) about this actually! I thought Amiga was no problem, now nobody wants to work on it!??? The glory of creating a perfect miggy emulator is there for the taking surely?!!

For A500 it works perfectly speed wise, let's not let that slow rumour get going, but yeah, it needs work on supporting the Pandora controls.

Is someone going to work on it? Do we have a volunteer?

craigix said:
NickLoTurco said:

For A500 it works perfectly speed wise, let's not let that slow rumour get going, but yeah, it needs work on supporting the Pandora controls.

Is someone going to work on it? Do we have a volunteer?

I started it, just havnt gotten to around to finishing it up, shouldnt be hard all it really need was the ability to switch the game buttons mode, which i started.
Ill get to it at some point, but if someone wants to beat me to it go ahead.

Back