Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
HE1N2 said:
I will updated it in the next time, and i like to here your opinions to "What can be better in this Design?"
A useful A/V-out would be nice. :rolleyes: I'm thinking either S-video + 3,5mm stereo plug, or a custom pinout on an off-the-shelf cellphone connector, which has a range of formats on various pins, suitable for S-video (which can then easily be downconverted to Composite through a simple adapter), and RGB-SCART and/or VGA, as well as audio for the SCART signal (or split the cable to reach the headphone jack and take the audio from there). Simple composite just doesn't cut it (even the GP2X outputs S-video, so the new device would have to have at least S-video or prefferably better).

Last edited by a moderator:
JyCet said:
What are E & D buttons on your picture ?
"E" & "D"

I have called the machine eDragon (I have see the name in the german board and i like the name very much; Name sounds Retro ;) )

"eDragon" = "E+D"
"E" stands for "entertaintment" and the "D" for "Dragon" and why should i name the buttons B+C (for example)
the most controllers (most these from SEGA) has button named A,B,C;X,Y,Z and its cool to see something "new" and it is stupid to call the buttons K,L,M,N,S,T or something else ;)

:D :D :D

Possibly controversial comment here -

Shouldn't this thread (interesting as it is) really be in either:
Off topic discussion or even more likely Other consoles
as it really has nothing to do with the gp2x and if nothing else, discussion is possibly detrimental to the gp2x-scene. :(

Not that I guess the salesmen care about this as they have seeming ridden out the gp2x 'sales wave' and want to find some other source of income? :eek:

kevcal said:
...discussion is possibly detrimental to the gp2x-scene. :(

Not that I guess the salesmen care about this as they have seeming ridden out the gp2x 'sales wave' and want to find some other source of income? :eek:
Dont talk like there doing something wrong here because there probably wouldn't be a "gp2x-scene" without the creators of this new console.

I do agree though that the thread doesn't actually pertain to the gp2x so it might be a good idea to move it but other consoles might not be the best area... even though its unreleased maybe an area for new gp2x-like console speculation could be made, they did make an xgp discussion section even though it wasn't released

Jackd said:
even though its unreleased maybe an area for new gp2x-like console speculation could be made, they did make an xgp discussion section even though it wasn't released
yeah that would make sense

HE1N2 said:
I will buy the "New Machine" but only if it hasn´t a Laptop like design (I think of the Keybord) I like it verry much if it had a slide display and under it the keybor like my design :D

I will updated it in the next time, and i like to here your opinions to "What can be better in this Design?"

:D
___________________________________-
B) sorry for my bad english :lol: :p

I would improve the look of the screen area. Get rid of the bulged out "blimp" screen shape. It needs to be a bit more sleek in that area. That area looks hideous, honestly.

Quick and dirty design showing how I would like the machine to be ( well, more or less - don't shoot me for not bothering to create a 3D raytraced model, I don't have much time ) :)

This design gives us both normal and vertical gaming capabilities without losing useful buttons.

Edit: This is actually a slide-out design, not a clamshell ( the hinge is there so you can tilt the screen - battery is under the keyboard for stability ).

project_bumblebee.jpg

DaveC said:
I would improve the look of the screen area. Get rid of the bulged out "blimp" screen shape. It needs to be a bit more sleek in that area. That area looks hideous, honestly.
If this thing will have a touch screen, it must be recessed.

Otherwise it will scratch much to easily. It may need a front cover as well.

The iPhone doesn't but mainly due to expensive materials and patented and secretive technology.

Notice that PDAs, the DS and just about anything else with a standard single-point touchscreen has either a front panel, a recessed screen or both.

It has been a while, I thought to throw up the Idea of a swivel screen. Sliders are very fragile, slider cell phones are the most often ones to be returned.

Here are some designs of the basic and slider version of the forth installment of the sidekick

http://bp0.blogger.com/_cu6JM43Tcaw/RnPZdk...ewSidekicks.jpg

Ultimately I think the best and strongest version of the sidekick has been the second or the third model.

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/3620/...9/sk3update.jpg

Each one leaves room for improvement but they give immediate access to the keyboard I don't really care for a keyboard but I think a wireless portable version of Diablo 2 would be quite nice. use DaveC's button layout for the sides and I think you might have a great system. -CB

C B Felterbush said:
I think a wireless portable version of Diablo 2 would be quite nice.

Not going to happen, on this thing anyway.

I don't know I think with the right hardware and software, one might be able to run the single player mode of Diablo2, there would be little chance of multiplayer but it would be interesting to see at least a running version. Prob wont happen though. -CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back