Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! The case is made using polyjuice potion ingrediants. You just rub peoples hair onto it and it transforms into them!

Edit: It will also come with crayons as Squidge has already leaked.

The problem we have here is that if you come up with something really stupid that is obviously fake, some people will still believe you and start moaning and complaining (or wetting themselves with excitement). Best make sure to always add the disclaimer "Note: The above paragraph is fiction, not fact." or similar :)

Squidge said:
Each console will come with a free set of crayons so you can color the device in to whatever color you fancy. Once you are bored of that color, you can wipe it of with a wet cloth and change the color. As an added bonus, the crayons can also be used to take notes whilst using the console.

Wouldn't it be fun if that was real?
i so wish that was true

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys are jerks lol. jesus christ. Im really excited about this project. also the new gp2x looks great but this sounds so much cooler.

Love to help in any way possible.
Physical design of the device would be my strength.
I own/manage a Flash Lite mobile game development studio, so if this device will support flash (if there is a working Flash player for Linux) we could create some games for launch also. (BTW *blatant plug* we will have games launching with operators in China and USA very shortly :) )

Actually, this device should be made of Diamond Dragonforce: The hardest metal known to man!!!

Fishbong said:
quartercast said:
For the last time: the new machine is NOT being developed by gamepark or GPH, it is NOT a successor to the gp2x, it is NOT a GP-anything. It already has its own name (which we do not know yet), but if you want to speculate, please be prepared to use an ounce of imagination. All this referring to a 'gp3x' is frankly getting annoying and to me is almost derogatory; the people involved with this device are much more talented and devoted than GP or GPH.
Seeing as it tries to incorporate a PMP, PDA, gaming handheld and UMPC, we should call it the Golden Hammer.

Maybe we should call it code name "Sinatra" while it's in development... you know, "To Dream The Impossible Dream" - the universal handheld - the ultimate "convergence" device... Lessee, Sony couldn't do it... um, Microsoft couldn't do it... Palm, Nokia and Tiger couldn't do it... What the hell, I believe in CraigX... ;) 'course, I'm buying one regardless, but I'm buying it FIRST AND FOREMOST for the GAMING!! :D

I already gave it a development code name :( , it's Project Bumblebee

Portable Open Source Entertainment Device - POSED
Portable Open Source Entertainment Rig - POSER

Ok, I guess that I'll leave the names for others to choose :lol:

--

Craigix, do you think the machine will have a design similar to any of the ones seen in this thread?, if so, which one?

Craig's already said that "they'll be back in a month"... we haven't received any new information since then. This whole thread has been just idle speculation, wishlists, and threats of non-purchase. Which is fine if you like that, but it makes more sense to me that we patiently wait for new reliable info.

I know that he said that they would be back in a month but as he has posted since he said that I thought that I would try my luck and try to re-conduct the thread a little. Though I do agree with you saehn ;)

Guess that I'll go and drink a few cold beers and figure out how to make my vertical jumpgates work lol.

Lessee, Sony couldn't do it... um, Microsoft couldn't do it...

In their case, it's not so much "couldn't" as "wouldn't" since neither of them actually want an open, universal platform. They want their cut of the software pie. Since an open platform doesn't fit that market model, a truly open platform created for gaming has to come from small firms (GP & GPH) who are content to make money on the hardware alone or from the enthusiast community. And the latter are far more likely to produce a design closely in tune with the potential users. I am REALLY looking forward to buying the machine hinted at here and hope it's not just vaporware.

I will buy the "New Machine" but only if it hasn´t a Laptop like design (I think of the Keybord) I like it verry much if it had a slide display and under it the keybor like my design :D

Thats what i mean;here is my design:
250807020218_eDragon_beta6_blue.png

I will updated it in the next time, and i like to here your opinions to "What can be better in this Design?"

:D

___________________________________-
B) sorry for my bad english :lol: :p

I like that design, but I probably wouldn't go for such an intense colour... Try something like Black / Metallic Grey. :)

Select and Start buttons would need moving one under another, parallel, to make vertical gaming easy ( maybe we could have 4 buttons there 2 & 2 ) . A great design in many aspects ;)

Edit: had an extra idea.

If I were to guess, I'd say that they're taking the month out mentioned (probably, knowing this community, closer to two) to take into account basically everything that's been said (feature requests et al), and, crucially, to investigate the other chipsets that people here have been vocal about in more detail.

Crucially, I think they want to actually have something concrete to tell us as and when they tell us stuff next!

HE1N2 said:
I will buy the "New Machine" but only if it hasn´t a Laptop like design (I think of the Keybord) I like it verry much if it had a slide display and under it the keybor like my design :D

I will updated it in the next time, and i like to here your opinions to "What can be better in this Design?"

:D
___________________________________-
B) sorry for my bad english :lol: :p

Generaly in Pmp for composite plug they use "mini-jack 4 polarity"
http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/qt65.jpg

But with this high resolution (800*480) ... composite is not very good, YUV or RGB are better to keep a correct video signal ;)

What are E & D buttons on your picture ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back