Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWeston said:
Eolair said:
Nice! That looks really good. Seems to be high quality and I like the low profile :)

I'm curious about the surface material though. It looks too smooth because you're thumb is slipping. Are you going to add something for better grip? Like a surface pattern maybe?
Those videos are of a dev kit for the analog controller. The newer parts actually have a very nice rubber grip on the surface and it would be very hard to slip off of it unless your fingers are very sweaty.

In the video, my thumb isn't slipping off. I am quickly lifting my thumb to show how it recoils back to the center position quickly.

Oh, and the stick does have a center click, plus it spins like a scroll feature.

Awesome! ^_^

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Here is the analogue pad.
That looks like it will be durable and very fun to use, can't wait :)

God Ginrai said:
Because that would result in a lot of games that are pay, that weren't made very well.
Some quality-control would be necessary, I agree. I was thinking more about a transparency in the way you approach the publisher.

MWeston said:
Eolair said:
Nice! That looks really good. Seems to be high quality and I like the low profile :)

I'm curious about the surface material though. It looks too smooth because you're thumb is slipping. Are you going to add something for better grip? Like a surface pattern maybe?
Those videos are of a dev kit for the analog controller. The newer parts actually have a very nice rubber grip on the surface and it would be very hard to slip off of it unless your fingers are very sweaty.

In the video, my thumb isn't slipping off. I am quickly lifting my thumb to show how it recoils back to the center position quickly.

Oh, and the stick does have a center click, plus it spins like a scroll feature.

Thanks for the quick reply. I meant the first few seconds in the "side profile" video. Just looked like you were rubbing it ;) I'm sure it will be great with a rubber grip on the surface. That stick click and rotating action looks good too :)

Alex. said:
craigix said:
That looks like it will be durable and very fun to use, can't wait :)

Agreed. ^_^

Alex. said:
God Ginrai said:
Because that would result in a lot of games that are pay, that weren't made very well.
Some quality-control would be necessary, I agree. I was thinking more about a transparency in the way you approach the publisher.

Could you elaborate? I'm not sure I get what you mean by that.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Alex. said:
God Ginrai said:

I was thinking about a simple, standardized system of interaction between potential developers and the main software publisher for the platform. Something that would encourage more commercial games. I'm not sure how much sense I'm making here though, so I'll stop now :unsure:

Eolair said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I meant the first few seconds in the "side profile" video. Just looked like you were rubbing it ;) I'm sure it will be great with a rubber grip on the surface. That stick click and rotating action looks good too :)
Yeah, you're right. I went back and watched it again and I see what you mean. I was using my index finger on the controller with no rubber pad so I was sliding around. This controller has resistance in the movement and my overhead work with a camera between my arms made it harder.

It feels really nice though. The black pad is slightly larger than the PSP's nub and has slightly more travel than the PSP. It feels smoother too. I find the PSP (old style) nub has a grainy, gritty or catchy feel to it that is very annoying. Do you know what I mean? I don't have a PSP slim yet but I imagine it is better and more like this one.

Hey man i don't get how your going to afford to make a new system and finance it successfully and not end like GP or zodiac or so on. Are you rich or took out a lot of bonds, partner with someone or what. Whats the name of your company. Seriously how are you going to not go bankrupt especially with the economy of today and finance it successfully. I know you run a good business of selling gp2xs and maybe you have another business on the side. Your system looks awesome dont get me wrong i don't get how you are planing to manufacture it and advertise it without you loosing money and going essentially bankrupt .

MWeston said:
Ought to be great for Atari games like Pong that use the paddle controllers or any of the games that use the driving controllers. :D

processmo3.gif

Alex. said:
God Ginrai said:
Alex. said:
God Ginrai said:

I was thinking about a simple, standardized system of interaction between potential developers and the main software publisher for the platform. Something that would encourage more commercial games. I'm not sure how much sense I'm making here though, so I'll stop now :unsure:

Hmmm I really don't agree with this method...best route for this is indie development period rather than a publisher at the top of chain...

Indie seems more of better solution for this...just because if you do go a publisher route I can tell you right now...

Your going to need one "ass whipping" tech demo to convince them to take you under and help you...and the only way tech demo gets accomplished is through teams of devs, artists, and such...granted if your even touching any 3D...

Indie I think is easier for this because usually the publisher of the indie game is cutting a very small budget to get the game going....

PoisonedV said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_developm...lopment_process :p

even though that seems a bit off to me

MWeston said:
The newer parts actually have a very nice rubber grip on the surface and it would be very hard to slip off of it unless your fingers are very sweaty.

Wow! B)

predatorramboxxx said:
Hey man i don't get how your going to afford to make a new system and finance it successfully and not end like GP or zodiac or so on. Are you rich or took out a lot of bonds, partner with someone or what. Whats the name of your company. Seriously how are you going to not go bankrupt especially with the economy of today and finance it successfully. I know you run a good business of selling gp2xs and maybe you have another business on the side. Your system looks awesome dont get me wrong i don't get how you are planing to manufacture it and advertise it without you loosing money and going essentially bankrupt .
Oh come on... You want his business plan now? Unless you're a pontential partner or financier I very much doubt he'll impart that information to you. Why would he ever? I'm not trying to be rude but it's none of your beeswax. And certainly not on this board ;)

MWeston said:
Yeah, you're right. I went back and watched it again and I see what you mean. I was using my index finger on the controller with no rubber pad so I was sliding around. This controller has resistance in the movement and my overhead work with a camera between my arms made it harder.

It feels really nice though. The black pad is slightly larger than the PSP's nub and has slightly more travel than the PSP. It feels smoother too. I find the PSP (old style) nub has a grainy, gritty or catchy feel to it that is very annoying. Do you know what I mean? I don't have a PSP slim yet but I imagine it is better and more like this one.
It looks like slipage from the video. Thanks for clearing that up.

Interesting that craiginator was used as a tag for the video.

craigix said:
Hello everyone, sorry this took so long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i26UXJOTkTk

-Craig

nice B)

MWeston said:

Wow that analog nub looks amazing. Although I was kind of hoping for analog sticks, this just makes me happy. It has a stick click and it can scroll, that's awesome. Since it is so small maybe it can be placed underneath something like the screen or keyboard? That would be great and it would make it smaller in your pocket.

jmetal88 said:
Ought to be great for Atari games like Pong that use the paddle controllers or any of the games that use the driving controllers. :D
Oh boy that is a great idea. Driving games with that spinning wheel could be great. Although it might be very small and slightly uncomfortable, it would be cool to show off at least.

Javacat said:
I can see an Etch A Sketch emulator in our midst!!!
OMG GENIUS!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it looks sick as hell. The fact that it can function like a scroll wheel opens up SO many possibilities. I can't wait! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back