[Original Game] Hexgem

Works for me too. Very cool game. Nice animations when a tile is used and I even like the shaking at the end :)

I would like to have a pause key with hidden game board maybe so that you cannot think while paused. I got a call during game when I had only some seconds left...

Thanks!

It the first time I made "pixelart", I'm glad you like it :)

Indeed, I need to add a pause key. Hexgem was realy done in a rush, and it miss many features.

Indeed would be nice to have a bit more features and seems to be lacking saving highscores (probably highest on my wishlist for this game). I really like the art and sounds and timing/animation of the collapsing tiles. 

I like this game a lot. I'm playing Gweled a lot on the Pandora, and Hexgem is a bit like an advanced version of this kind of game. The hexagonal shape adds a lot to the gameplay in my opinion. One can tell that it is maybe not 100% finished/polished, but it doesn't feel rushed or unfinished. It is perfectly playable and very addicting! Also music, graphics and effects are well done and fit the game nicely. :)

Do the different difficulty-levels really do anything? I played on "Legend" and it did not feel any different from the easiest Level(?)

Gweled has a game mode without time-limit. It let's you play until no more moves are possible. So it's all about making combos and beating the highscore. That's the mode I'm usually playing. Not sure if that will work for Hexgem, since you might be playing forever that way. But I think it would be nice to have an additional, more tactical way of playing.

Normaly, it should save hiscore, if you wait a little on the title screen, you'll see them. By default, I use the pandora's user login for the username as input entry was not working... But I saw that Notaz fix that in the lastest firmware, so in future version you'll can enter different username for your score.

Difficulty level change how many time you gain with combo, but it need tweeking, or bugfixing. The easy mode is too easy, I think somebody quite motivated could possibly block the score in this mode.

In legend, you gain not much time with combo and between level, but maybe too much it seems :D

A game mode with no time limit can be interresting. Though I never had a board with no valid move, so indeed, maybe you might playing forever :)

I plan other mode in the future, for exemple a puzzle mode. I have also a mode where the pattern to collapse tile is not a line but a triangle, and a mode where the both are valid (it a combo fest in this mode). I'm thinking also of a tetris like mode with falling gems.

I plan other mode in the future, for exemple a puzzle mode. I have also a mode where the pattern to collapse tile is not a line but a triangle, and a mode where the both are valid (it a combo fest in this mode). I'm thinking also of a tetris like mode with falling gems.
Yes, some kind of puzzle-mode would be great. Maybe something similar to Puzznic? Your other ideas sound pretty cool as well! I love it when a rather simple concept leads to so many different modes to play.  ^_^

I hope you find the time and motivation to do it, I'll definately keep playing your game. :)

Thanks!

I don't know puzznic, I was thinking about somthing like 'move the box' on android.

I just look at some screenshot of puzznic, seems a lot more complex, interresting :)

I'll definitively continue to work on hexgem! I'm just making a little pause during the voting process of the compo :)

Normaly, it should save hiscore, if you wait a little on the title screen, you'll see them. By default, I use the pandora's user login for the username as input entry was not working... But I saw that Notaz fix that in the lastest firmware, so in future version you'll can enter different username for your score.
Yep, didn't 'wait a little' but still I don't think it works 100% correct. Indeed the highscores are shown after the game, but they don't survive a restart. 

hum, then it's a bug. I confess I didn't test it much on the pandora, I've code it just before submission :)

Yep, didn't 'wait a little' but still I don't think it works 100% correct. Indeed the highscores are shown after the game, but they don't survive a restart. 
It's keeping the high scores between sessions just fine for me.

Keep in mind there are 4 different high score tables, one for each level.  Are you sure you were looking at the right one?

- Neelix

Very nice game!

We've got quite some games like that on the pandora, but the hex-pieces make it something special!

I would like to see a nicer highscore-table and more variety between the game modes and some special blocks in the future ^_^

Back