[Original Game] Earth Invasion

Here is the Levelselectscreen. Acutally there should be more than one level on every planet.

Hope we can get more than one level at all in time ;)

Planetmap1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant wait to play this! I would love to see a punishing difficulty curve to this game, to make it last, as the graphics are so well drawn.

Looks really good. But i think the background's colour and colour of player's vehicle are nearly the same. Mainly the cannon and the planet surface. Also the wheels are barely visible. But these are details.

I'm lookoing forward to play it.

Yes, I'll have to rework the colors or do thicker outlines. It is not that easy with the relatively small sprites on 800x480 screen.

The cannon could always be made a more orangey color. Not a major change, but enough of one to distinguish it more.

now we have

3 type of tank

3 type of shots

3 type of bullets

3 type of powerups

we miss 3 type of alien :p

ppl, want the source!?

yup source is yummy :)

this looks like will be a great fun game

free idea of dubious quality:  I reckon some sort of space-invaders meets tower defense / warcraft type thing could be pretty awesome...

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it be possible to control the gun with one of the nubs? This would be a cool feature. Uh... or maybe this game become a dual-stick shooter? This would be awesome ;)

Wow Impressive what you have done,i saw this project today first time and the Arts are very Nice.

This evening when i am home see i the youtube video

I am cirous too about this nice Game on the Compo. Have you planed upgrades better weapons like a tri shot or bombs?

maybe the enemys can drop items like arkanoid,that were cool too.

nice work

free idea of dubious quality:  I reckon some sort of space-invaders meets tower defense / warcraft type thing could be pretty awesome...
mcobit already said to me that after the compo, he's considering to make a space-invaders themed level pack for microbes. Since the graphics he shared in this thread are already 32x32 pixels (which is exactly what is needed in microbes), I only have to make some minor code modifications to allow animated enemy sprites and custom bullet graphics (this is not hard to add). Animated towers would be slightly more work for me to support - the game now uses a static background image containing terrain and towers on which enemies are drawn, and it is only updated when towers are built or destroyed, so not every frame. Everything else is easily customizable in human-readable text files, e.g. background music, sound effects, enemy stats, unit stats and upgrade paths, etc.

It would be great if a talented pixel artist like mcobit would make such a thing for microbes - I still like my own microbe theme, but the graphics are only "programmer art" and the tech tree is kind of weird because I want to keep it close to the actual biology. So an alternative space-invaders theme would be very, very cool! Please push mcobit after the compo to make it! :)

This was actually planned as a td mix, but would never be ready in time for the deadline ;)

Code:
//ei_022 ## add multi level management ## add genera(); ##add 3 type of enemy at level in genera()
//ei_021 menu finished
//ei_020 removed re-press to shot ## introduced alien bullet ## introduced menu
//ei_019 introduced 3 type of enemy + healtpoint ## introduced damage bullet need to fix
//ei_018 fixed shot system each tank have own type of shot ## much  comment add
//ei_017 introduced shot system
//ei_016.2 introduced distanza_bullet
//ei_016.1 introduced 3 type of bullet ## fixed the change bug
//ei_016 sfixed tank movement (ex positiion problem)
//ei_015 fixed 3 type of pwup and 3 type of tank ## introduced tank type switch
//ei_014 introduced 3 type of tank introduced PWup
//ei_013 tank stop in sides
//ei_012 add posti tank, movement tank ## need to remove posti alieni
//ei_011 fixed alien movement
//ei_010 fixed a bit a switch posto
//ei_009 add switch posto of inv_1 (need to fix is made with feet)
//ei_008 add aalgorithm that make 155 posti (assegnaposti.prg)

Back