order numbers for 1Ghz Pandoras

bukkit

In the 1Ghz thread http://boards.openpa...has-one-coming/ people are posting order numbers from Craigs shop.

I ordered a 1Ghz Pandora from you, but didn't get such an order number, only an order ID (Bestellnummer) in the five figure range.

Will you also inform people of their queue status / order number? Will we have to inquire, or will that be automatic?

regards, b.

Last edited by a moderator:
imho those numbers just confuse ppl. in the case of this 180 units test run you will not get your unit a lot faster, regardless whether your in an early or late position in the queue.

nonetheless i can see your point there: since weve all been waiting so long we want to know how "our" pandora is doing :)

im still wondering about those numbers, btw: craigs sales slowly reach reported 140+ units. id like to know how many units got "reserved" for ED and how many "testrun units" finally got sold. somehow i dont believe ED only sold 40- units.

why would that make any difference? the limited number of "testrun units" was very appealing to me.

you prolly got an account in EDs shop (gp2x.de). you will find detail info about your order right there. i guess he will also send us an email whenever the units are ready to be shipped.

imho those numbers just confuse ppl. in the case of this 180 units test run you will not get your unit a lot faster, regardless whether your in an early or late position in the queue.

nonetheless i can see your point there: since weve all been waiting so long we want to know how "our" pandora is doing :)

im still wondering about those numbers, btw: craigs sales slowly reach reported 140+ units. id like to know how many units got "reserved" for ED and how many "testrun units" finally got sold. somehow i dont believe ED only sold 40- units.

why would that make any difference? the limited number of "testrun units" was very appealing to me.

you prolly got an account in EDs shop (gp2x.de). you will find detail info about your order right there. i guess he will also send us an email whenever the units are ready to be shipped.

Sorry to be a party pooper.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/7116-please-let-ed-respond-answer-the-questions-first-before-anybody-else-does/

Thanks for your Answer, KickAss. However, I have several objections:

- We don't know if everything works out as planned. I believe they should learn from the experience and have a numbering ready, if only in case. After years of urgent demand for queue info this should be rather obvious.

- We don't know anything about the delivery schedule. After years of plans not working out as expected, it seems reasonable (to put it mildly) to not always expect the best possible course of events and to prepare for some bumps on the road.

- I wouldn't know how having order numbers ready could be more confusing than the confusion without reliable order numbers we now experience for years.

- Like I wrote, it seems like Craig provides order numbers. Does it look like a good idea to have order numbers in one shop, and none in another?

- I can't log into the gp2x shop. The old one doesn't let me in anymore, the new one doesn't accept my password, and probably doesn't know my orders. I'm also rather sceptical about finding queue numbers there.

- And your point about the total number of units adds to this appeal, I think. I think this enterprise should have learned how their customers want this to be handled.

Therefore I still would like to hear about that. And since I believe I'm not the only one, I wanted to give ED the opportunity to answer here instead of in dozens of personal EMails.

Firstly, maybe you should let Ed answer first in this section before making wild guesses?

Secondly, I'm certain Ed has a queue system and the numbers, but seeing as these units are all shipping quickly over ~2 weeks it would be a big job for him to send everyones number out for no real gain to the customer.

Plus when shipping sometimes things happen, faults, missing information etc. thus queue numbers can get jumped about, so any information would be subject to change anyway.

I realise my second posting sounded much more aggressive than it was intended. Sorry for that, and thanks for your answer. Yes, I'd also like ED to answer first, but that is off the shelf since the first non-ED-answer, and I don't really want my posting to be considered as "answered" when in fact, it isn't.

I'm totally aware that a queue number is no 100% certainty. But it is a glimpse of information, and one people wanted to have for years, tried to gain and collect as good as possible, hell, I don't have to tell anyone who's been around. It's probably the most discussed topic right after "production issues". So you really should be aware it's important for people to have something to cling to with regard to the possible date the Pandora could arrive.

You know a lot, but you don't know how it feels to not have a Pandora and wait for it, hope for it to have it for commuting, then hoping to have it for your upcoming holiday, in time for your hospital stay, maybe for christmas, for your birthday, for this programming project, for next christmas and drawing a blank month after month after month.

So give people something that small thing to cling to. It's needed. And if ED does not have queue numbers, and doesn't intend to make them, he could at least say that: That is part of my original question above. My arguments for those (please read them just for the facts) would still hold I'd say.

So, today I got a mail about the first delivery of roughly 40 Pandoras by ED. O boy, how I wished I had a queue number, so I could have a guess if I stand any chance of being among those. Just sayin'.

^^^ unless you ordered it like the day after they posted about it on the forums (i did and im 29)... you probly wont see one from the first test batch (it was 40, 20 for ed, 20 for craig). it will be soon though :) ... at least for me :p

Back