Opt: How Would Investments Help You?

WizardStan said:
CF500-6 has been downloaded over 160000 times from pspslimhacks.com alone. This is not the only place to get it, and not everyone is going to be upgraded to the latest version, not to mention all the old "Phat" consoles that run homebrew. Let's suppose that this number is wildly inflated and only half the downloads actually land on a PSP, that's still a minimum of 80000 PSP (slims) that have the ability to run homebrew against the 60000 GP2Xs sold worldwide.
So the numbers show there are more homebrew enabled PSPs than GP2X, and almost as many (though honestly probably much more) than GP2X and GP32 combined.
I'm not entirely certain where I was going with this argument. I'll be over in the corner.

Okay, now factor in the number of people using CFW exclusively for piracy ;p

Bottom line of your argument - you're demonstrating that only maybe a few percent of PSP users at most are using homebrew, while on GP32 and GP2X pretty much all of the owners were. I don't think being closed invited more homebrew activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
Okay, now factor in the number of people using CFW exclusively for piracy ;p
The same could be said for the GP2X ;)
Not that I would, just that it could be. I don't have numbers for either case.

Exophase said:
Bottom line of your argument - you're demonstrating that only maybe a few percent of PSP users at most are using homebrew, while on GP32 and GP2X pretty much all of the owners were. I don't think being closed invited more homebrew activity.
I wish it was a few percent. That'd make over a million homebrew enabled PSPs: then we'd really have seen some excellent stuff, I like to think. Although probably not, as most of them would probably have just ended up being for ISO loading :(
It made sense in my head when I first said it. My thought train basically went that since it was closed, it actually encouraged people to delve deeper into the hardware to try and hack it, thus turning out more information about it than if it had simply been "homebrew enabled" from the start, but with no information. It's almost certainly wrong, or at least misguided, but it still makes sense to me, though I know I'm not explaining it well enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back