Opensnes9x fully playable (w/s) compatibilty list

Has anyone tried Radical Dreamers (Chrono Trigger 2)? God damn, I love that game. :p The story is the same of Chrono Cross (in case you don't know, Chrono Cross is like a remake of Radical Dreamers).

I haven't buy the GP32 yet, since games like FF6 or Tales of Phantasia seems not to work or work badly, but this Radical Dreamers could be THE reason to buy it. :p

I'd feel very thankful if anyone could test it and tell me if the game works good. If you don't find the rom, you can contact me on MSN so I can send it to you: Zurkie_Zurcas@hotmail.com :)

Radical dreamers is a text based RPG with great dissapiontment to many chrono trigger fans as it changes the hole theme of chrono trigger <_< .
It does not have the same story as chrono cross or even the same characters.

xboxit posted on May 23 2004 at 11:53 AM said:
Radical dreamers is a text based RPG with great dissapiontment to many chrono trigger fans as it changes the hole theme of chrono trigger <_< .
It does not have the same story as chrono cross or even the same characters.
The story is also about the Frozen Flame, maybe it is not exactly the same.
About the characters, Serge, Kid and Lynx are in Radical Dreamers. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry but its just not my cup off tea. :eek: I love Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross but radical dreamers doesn't do it for me.

Josquius posted on May 26 2004 at 06:07 PM said:
You can get translation patches to work?
The rom of Radical Dreamers that I have is already translated, I think you can find it easily. ;)

Josquius posted on May 26 2004 at 06:07 PM said:
You can get translation patches to work?

Terranigma doesn't seem to work at all...
Terranigma works fine on mine, do you have the latest veersion of opensnes9x :huh: :huh: :huh: ???

v0.3 compatibility seems to be down slightly, maybe due to the new ASM based core and sound decoding?

The Chaos Engine still has crackling sound at the intro screen/character selection screen, yet not in-game (see below) and crashes now and then.

Double Dragon V - The Shadow Falls crashes during the title screen.

The "lines down LCD" problem that is particularly noticable on BLU's during certain games is still present. In particular this seems to tie in with the sound crackling during The Chaos Engine, so maybe some games push the hardware to its limits, i.e. LCD/sound hogging the bus?

Nice to have ASM core integrated though, good work yoyofr, thunderz and laxer3a! The three of you have really done wonders with SNES emulation on the GP32.

EDIT: [notflame] Also I imagine people may have too higher expectations for version 0.3. Just remember that the people working on emulators do so in their free time off their own back. Just take a look at the source code for OpenSNES9xGP and you will realize how much work goes into such projects. So don't be pissed off if you're not happy with a particular games performance. The OpenSNES9xGP team owe you nothing ;) :p [/notflame]

raven posted on Aug 17 2004 at 01:20 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Aug 17 2004 at 12:12 PM said:
You know what? OpenSNES9x v0.3 is out :)
This could have done with some more caps, exclamation marks and some woohoo's or something.

Still: GREAT NEWS !!! WOOHOO (I have no shame)
Ah well, it's also mentioned on the frontpage, isn't that enough? ;)

Last edited:
Back