openpandora.org - No Right Hand Strip?

Ian J

Advanced Member
Just visited openpandora.org on my phone and noticed there is a strip on the right hand side with icons and a buy it now button.

I have never seen this before so tried on my PC, neither IE or Firefox show the strip.

I have adblockers on FF but as I never use IE it is a vanilla install, disabling the adblockers changed nothing.

I do have JAVA disabled on FF but even after enabling it and restarting FF the menu still doesn't show.

Just visited openpandora.org on my phone and noticed there is a strip on the right hand side with icons and a buy it now button.

I have never seen this before so tried on my PC, neither IE or Firefox show the strip.

I have adblockers on FF but as I never use IE it is a vanilla install, disabling the adblockers changed nothing.

I do have JAVA disabled on FF but even after enabling it and restarting FF the menu still doesn't show.
Chromium and the bb10 webbrowers both show it fine (both running flash if that makes a difference) 

I believe it requires IE 10 to properly render in IE.  This has been an issue since the new site was introduced, at least with IE.

No problems with FireFox 19/20 on Windows/Ubuntu/Pandora either

Maybe you closed it. There's a black and white icon under the 'open quick navigation' button. It appears when you hover with the mouse.

Humm, on my PC, using Firefox, It isn't a strip its a huge wide arc, with all the icons and the buy it now button...and I see no way to make that "strip" go away with any button press.  Not that I'd want it to go away...

IE should only be used to download another browser. 

IE is a pain in the behind eh :)

Site and its sidebar look fine for me though in IE10, Chrome 26 on desktop/

Also my mobile Opera and native Android browser app.

Just tried FF in safe mode and the strip shows, I've previously disabled all ad blocking plug-ins so have no idea which other plug-in is causing the issue.

Nope just the usual Adblocker & Flashblocker and a couple of other plugins but nothing to do with stopping things running on sites.

Extensions.png

Plugins.png

Last edited by a moderator:
erm...   how exactly is the ad blocker "nothing to do with stopping things running on sites" ? :)

- Neelix

Maybe you closed it. There's a black and white icon under the 'open quick navigation' button. It appears when you hover with the mouse.
I can't see this white icon you mention or the open quick navigation button when i hover over where the icons should be.

SOLVED

It was "right to click", Enables right-click, text selection, context-menu, drag&drop and much more where it is disabled by Javascript.

I've disabled that and the image/menu shows up again.

Back