Openoffice help

Lokeal

Still Fresh
Can somone please port a copy of Openoffice to the Openpandora?

I don't like Libreoffice and have really gotten used to using Openoffice

Anyhow, I installed Pandebian on my openpandora and would like it if someone made a video showing how to instal software onto the openpandora using the synaptic package manager!

I keep clicking it and nothing seems to happen -_-

I got the device to do word processing on the go, ultra portability and all.

Please help me here and thanks in advance.

I really didn't think there was enough difference between Libreoffice and openoffice to make any deal out of it.. In my mind Libreoffice will always have better support and future, who knows what Oracle may do with it down the road...The Libreoffice team are the same people that made OpenOffice, the entire team left Sun Microsystems when Oracle took over the company due to fears of closing down the project or perverting it into a commercial product. OpenOffice without it's original designers has been left in maintain mode only...

I really didn't think there was enough difference between Libreoffice and openoffice to make any deal out of it.. In my mind Libreoffice will always have better support and future, who knows what Oracle may do with it down the road...The Libreoffice team are the same people that made OpenOffice, the entire team left Sun Microsystems when Oracle took over the company due to fears of closing down the project or perverting it into a commercial product. OpenOffice without it's original designers has been left in maintain mode only...
LibreOffice broke away from Oracle in November 2011.

'maintenance mode'? i read that LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice (with the core maintainers being IBM employees) would each incorporate some improvements that the other suite's devs had made within a week or two of the new release.

Originally a lot of contributors hold back their patches because Sun/Oracle demanded handing over the full copyright to get it upstream. They probably changed that with the transition to Apache, but surely there's still quite a bunch of people that want to stick with the (L)GPL - the Apache license has no copyleft, the author of a LibreOffice patch needs to explicitly re-license it for OpenOffice, but LibreOffice may just apply patches from OpenOffice. Combine that with the huge amount of contributors that left with LibreOffice and you have a much faster development.

Back