Opengles Wiz Demos And Library

Didn't need any of that. Only needed to make a folder called "id1" but thanks anyway. I too only see a bit of the screen on the left. I also get screen tearing still.

Didn't need any of that.

Well, you're right. Pickle changed something more. No libcastor.so and tyr-glquake needed. I think there're now part of Quake.gpe. Statically linking?

I also get screen tearing still.

Yes. It is visibly in the demos as well...

Anyone knows if through the script it's possible to inject the libcastor.so library in /lib in order to make Vice working?

Just run the file "install.gpe" once with the launcher. The script copies the library file "libopengles_lite.so" to the NAND firmware and enables OpenGl on the Wiz.

sbock posted on May 21 2009 at 06:51 AM said:
Well, you're right. Pickle changed something more. No libcastor.so and tyr-glquake needed. I think there're now part of Quake.gpe. Statically linking?
The previous version was tyr-glquake a forked quake engine. I decided to go back an try the original glquake source that setup for pandora since it worked perfectly.
I had to work around a segfault which turned out to be 16 pixel high textures crashing in the opengles driver
I then found limiter on the max allowed texture size, 128 is the magic number. 256 does look nicer but the textures start disappering.
So theres no static linking, libcastor was never needed for gl, its only used for the sw rendered versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out that there is a /lib/libopengles_lite.so already included in firmware 1.0.0. I think this library is more recent than the one I put in the archive.
But GLquake and the demos only work with the older one. Do you have a clue why?

Here is the library, if there is any interest.

With firmware 1.0.1 and the old libopengles_lite.so the demos don't rotate the menu anymore when exit.

Regards,
Stephan

I changed the libwizGLES.so from glquake with the new one from Pickle's Wiz OpenGL-ES devel package here. Now glquake runs fine without black boarders. I repacked the archive. You can download it here.

sbock said:
I changed the libwizGLES.so from glquake with the new one from Pickle's Wiz OpenGL-ES devel package here. Now glquake runs fine without black boarders. I repacked the archive. You can download it here.

Thanks Ive been meaning to update the gp2x.de archive.

Pickle said:
sbock said:

I just tried that version of quake and it won't run.

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
Pickle said:
sbock said:

I just tried that version of quake and it won't run.

Regards

André

I just put a updated version (and source) here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,26

Pickle said:
fettouhi said:
Pickle said:
sbock said:

I just put a updated version (and source) here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,26

That was the version I tried.

Regards

André

I just downloaded this from the archive, I copied over the PAK files (including the 2 mission pack PAKs) from the 'quake' folder. (These work fine on this version)
But when I try to run GLquake or either GL mission pack it either hangs up with a black screen or crashes back to the Wiz menu.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Neil L said:
I just downloaded this from the archive, I copied over the PAK files (including the 2 mission pack PAKs) from the 'quake' folder. (These work fine on this version)
But when I try to run GLquake or either GL mission pack it either hangs up with a black screen or crashes back to the Wiz menu.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Something is messing up by using the scripts, try running the binary direct

Erm, how do you do that? I'm still learning all this Wiz stuff.

Oh, and have you seen the comments here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/46382-quake-1/ (Is music possible?)

The version from the archive works. The OpenGL libs must be installed:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,54

I've installed the OpenGL libs, GLquake now runs fine (apart from a few flashing bits (triangles/health packs etc.), nothing to worry about)
But the mission packs crash back to the menu screen (after turning sideways!)

Neil L said:
I've installed the OpenGL libs, GLquake now runs fine (apart from a few flashing bits (triangles/health packs etc.), nothing to worry about)
But the mission packs crash back to the menu screen (after turning sideways!)

Probably running out of memory, the opengles uses at least 16 mb.

It might be, it happens on the 'meshing progs' screen, then it turns sideways and quits back to the Wiz menu leaving 2/3rd's of the quake screen showing.
(As for my earlier question/hint, I take it music would be to much for GLquake, but would it be possible on Quake 1?)

Pickle, do you have changed something since the last version except the libwizgles? Quake runs slightly slower with the timedemo...

Back