Open2x To Show Of Community Talent

evol

i was wondering if anybody have tought of bundling some of the comunity apps with the open2x kernel to create a "distro".
there are many comments on the forum that goes "i wish gph would make this the default player,filebrowser,musicplayer,textwiever" etc.

i feel that it we should vote what apps that would be in the free version of the firmware
(if anybody fancy the idea that is)

i think with the current apps that the "open2xdist" would surpass gph,s own firmware (maybe squeeze in som open games also :D )

so i would like to hear what apps you would like to see in a free firmware version to replace gph,s ones.

(mmuhack.o as module maybe ?)

- python and pygame
- That cool menu system I use but I can't remember the name of it.
- craigx's music player
- Oh! The Humanity and Tunar! (of course) :)

i was wondering if anybody have tought of bundling some of the comunity apps with the open2x kernel to create a "distro".
there are many comments on the forum that goes "i wish gph would make this the default player,filebrowser,musicplayer,textwiever" etc.

i feel that it we should vote what apps that would be in the free version of the firmware
(if anybody fancy the idea that is)

i think with the current apps that the "open2xdist" would surpass gph,s own firmware (maybe squeeze in som open games also :D )

so i would like to hear what apps you would like to see in a free firmware version to replace gph,s ones.

(mmuhack.o as module maybe ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't video playback be broken in such a release given the way you interact with the video decoder in the official firmware? Or does it only inhibit interfacing directly with the hardware?

Wouldn't video playback be broken in such a release given the way you interact with the video decoder in the official firmware? Or does it only inhibit interfacing directly with the hardware?
mp2x is under gpl that leads me to belive that nothing is broken just crippled for some hardware accelerated codecs

and mp2x just rock,s btw

mp2x is under gpl that leads me to belive that nothing is broken just crippled for some hardware accelerated codecs

and mp2x just rock,s btw

mp2x is also based off the official player, and the official player uses the video decoder through a proprietary binary lump, so I wonder if mp2x needs the official player installed to work.

yeah you could be right that would be a problem (but if its a precompiled kernel module we could use that)

some who knows is bound to answer

Back