calibrating touch screen - pandora

neurocyp

Still Fresh
Website
picasaweb.google.com
Hi,

I'm a new quite happy user, but i have a small issue, which seems to me as software issue.

When I try to calibrate the touch screen it says, that I'm supposed to reboot the unit, in order to get new settings to work.

And after the reboot, i see, that the touch screen seems not calibrated, by the left border of the screen the cursor is placed correctly, but when I move to the middle of the screen, cursor is about 6milimeters from the touch point, when I move to the right border I see that the cursor more or less gets back to the right point (it is still a bit not in the touch point).

My question is, can this be corrected with proper configuration, and if so, where is the file, that defines the touch screen calibration.

PS: I'm using the most recent version of the firmware

regards

Cyprian

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a random touch screen error during calibration. Have you tried repeating the calibration process?

Ok.

I fixed it.

If anyone had the same problem, here it what you need to do:

open your terminal application, and run:

Code:
sudo chmod 666 /etc/pointercal

type in your password.

Then run the calibration tool, calibrate the touch screen, then reboot, and that is it:)

I noticed, that a regular user could not modify calibration file, and that is why calibration data was not updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe some bug that slipped under the radar. Please post into the betatesting section, too.

Back