One week to go... and so much work to do (2012-02-10)

Gotta say, when I received the confirmation email I almost creamed my pants... OP production is going to coincide with my tax return this year which means there will be no delay in getting the full payment off to you (work has slowed down a lot lately and I was worried I wouldn't have the hours worked to be able to pay for it which thankfully is not the case :D )

It's been a long, hard road, but the end is in sight! Full speed ahead, damn the torpedos!
Around Chirstmas I got about $1100 is cash (having 2 families has its adventages) I literaly put all that way inside a windows installation disk case (the box windows came in) and hid from myself, I forgot about that money until now and I aint spendin a dime until my pandora ships

Around Chirstmas I got about $1100 is cash (having 2 families has its adventages) I literaly put all that way inside a windows installation disk case (the box windows came in) and hid from myself, I forgot about that money until now and I aint spendin a dime until my pandora ships

Brilliant... so you're definitely as excited as I am! I got a little more than expected coming back to me from the tax man so I'm pretty sure I'll be changing my order

ED,

You must be quite tired and stressed during the run up to this last push as production recommences. I would just like to add my thanks to you inparticular and also the other helpers who have kept this project alive. THANK YOU !

I am a pre-orderer from batch 1 (Dec'09) via Craig. Do I need to send you any info of that order confirmation or will Craig pass this over? (my apologies if this has been discussed to exhaustion already). I am concerned over the let sleeping dogs lie expression and that if I don't chase I won't get.

Thanks.

Awesome work, ED. This project really has come a long way since I originally got on board.

Out of interest, is there any news as to whether Craig will be accepting upgrades from us old orderers? I guess it's a bit early to announce it, but still, it'd be nice to know.

Re: the earlier I/me debate, I'm a native Englisher (sic) and I would never say 'Link, Linux-SWAT and I'. I would write that in a formal letter, but I can't imagine a social situation where I would not rather say 'Link, Linux-SWAT and me', and to me a forum certainly counts as a social situation.

I just in the past week put my order down.

I dont know what im more excited about. The wait for confirmation. or the near daily updates.

great work chaps.

Re: the earlier I/me debate, I'm a native Englisher (sic) and I would never say 'Link, Linux-SWAT and I'. I would write that in a formal letter, but I can't imagine a social situation where I would not rather say 'Link, Linux-SWAT and me', and to me a forum certainly counts as a social situation.
I'm so so so sorry for going a bit off-topic here, but I just cannot hold back from responding to this! :lol: Sorry, guys...

There is no formal/informal version of this - the key is what you would say if you removed the other people from the sentence. You would certainly never say "me will drive", unless you happen to be a caveman. :p (The only place it seems fuzzy is if you're saying "Between you and I"/"Between you and me", because you'd never say "Between I" or "Between me" to yourself. :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
(The only place it seems fuzzy is if you're saying "Between you and I"/"Between you and me", because you'd never say "Between I" or "Between me" to yourself. :lol: )

In that case, a better idea is to substitute "you and I" with "we" and "you and me" with "us", since those are the respective pronouns you would use. When you do that, it's clear that "between we" sounds incredibly awkward and "between us" sounds fine, so you know the correct wording is "between you and me".

Awesome work, ED. This project really has come a long way since I originally got on board.

Out of interest, is there any news as to whether Craig will be accepting upgrades from us old orderers? I guess it's a bit early to announce it, but still, it'd be nice to know.

Yes, you can also upgrade if you ordered from Craig.

You'll all get some eMails about that soon.

I am a pre-orderer from batch 1 (Dec'09) via Craig. Do I need to send you any info of that order confirmation or will Craig pass this over? (my apologies if this has been discussed to exhaustion already). I am concerned over the let sleeping dogs lie expression and that if I don't chase I won't get.

Craig handles his orders himself, I'll just send him the units, so you're fine :)

Not much news from Monday. We worked on more LCD cables, preparing speaker wires with a solder bath, and then connecting those to half completed LCD w/ speaker wire. EDs got the whole family involved in the project, so he's had some help with the short speaker wire, while Linux-SWAT & I have been working on the left speaker wires since Friday. Tomorrow we should be moving onto assembling LCDs into the lids at some point. Then assembling the remainder of the case -PCB. Crazy times and the snow was falling toady as this front moves through to get rid of this dreaded cold.

Guten Nacht!
I love it when my snow is filled with toads :)

Yes, you can also upgrade if you ordered from Craig.

You'll all get some eMails about that soon.

I'll look forward to that, but I doubt i'll receive an e-mail... if you except two empty newsletter (the last one almost two year old..), the last mail I received from him is more than 3years old...

Hey ED,

I'm waiting for my firstbatch pandora for 3 years now (more or less).

What do I get? the old PCB or the Upgraded one?

If it is the OLD one. What can I do to reseive the NEW upgraded board?

p.s. What's different on the PCB. only the memory of more? N-wifi or something?

Hey ED,

Only the memory and if you didn't get it until now, you will get the updated one afaik.

Hey ED,

Only the memory and if you didn't get it until now, you will get the updated one afaik.

If I read ED's reply to the one above mine, an email will be sent by Craig with details of the upgrade. I guess this means more cashola per order. :( in which case not good in the slightest.

If anyone gets their email can they post on here please. :)

And if I have an order from 2+ years ago with Craig and I DON'T care to offer up more money, what is the expected number of Pandora's (the existing queue not withstanding) that we have to get through before I get my unit? I think we made it through about 2000 so far? And lets say about 250 RMAs. And I'm in the 3500-4000 range of batch 1. Another 2000 new ones before we get to roughly where I am in the first batch? Or perhaps a full batch of 4000?

Surely you guys have crunched some math and thought of a ratio, right? Maybe 3 new pandoras for every 1 Batch 1 unit shipped?

Thanks.

Surely you guys have crunched some math and thought of a ratio, right? Maybe 3 new pandoras for every 1 Batch 1 unit shipped?

Without any upgrade, the ratio is about right yes.

Ratio gets better for old preorders with every upgrade.

Without any upgrade, the ratio is about right yes.

Ratio gets better for old preorders with every upgrade.

When you say, "upgrade," I'm assuming you're referring to old orders upgraded to the top of the queue.

What is the status on the idea of allowing existing Pandora owners to purchase upgraded motherboards or sending their units in for a motherboard swap? Since these would be additional sales - they should help things along too, no?

Back