One Vid Per Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As promised, to remind you what you've been waiting for (and show new users what the Pandora is all about), I'm going to post one video per day (except for weekends) from now on!
All videos will be posted to this thread as well.

You can post any suggestions and wishes to this thread on the official boards.
Discuss about the videos on these boards here.

One vid per day episode 1:

Let's start with some Descent 1 & 2.
Excuse my crappy playing - I never played it before and never have been good in these kind of games :)

Last edited:
One video per day - Episode 2: SNES Emulation

Today we've got some SNES emulation.
The SNES Emulator features a nice ROM Selector (takes 2 - 3 seconds to read in over 3000 roms), Savestates, SRAM, Scaling options.
All the games shown run fullspeed with 600 - 650 MHz, except for Yoshi's Island which needs 650 - 700 MHz.
No frameskip used in ANY of the games except for StarFox: It has the framerate set to AUTO, but I haven't noticed much skipping here.
StarFox needs 750 MHz currently, but I've not seen a unit that can't do 750 MHz and the SNES emulator is not optimized.

So: Fullspeed without Frameskip for 99% of all SNES games at 600 MHz. The rest needs a bit more juice right now.

Enjoy :)

One Video per Day - Episode 3:

No fancy gaming today - just showing in real time what will happen when you first switch on your Pandora.
It's really fast and easy to setup and play games.

Tomorrow I'll have some ScummVM action for you.

One video per Day - Episode 4: ScummVM

Today we take a look at ScummVM. Besides some low-res classics, the real highlight are the Hires games like Monkey 3, Broken Sword 2, 7th Guest, etc.
They look beautiful on the Pandora LCD.

Enjoy todays video and have a nice weekend.
Episode 5 will follow on Monday and will show tethering a Windows Mobile Phone with the Pandora to surf the net with Chromium.

One video per Day - Episode 5: Bluetooth Tethering and Websurfing

We had some gaming in the last video, so it's back for some Mini-Tutorial today.
Using XFCE4, Bluetooth and a phone, you setup tethering for Internet Access. I'm using a Sony Xperia X1 as demonstration. Really hand having the phone in the pocket to surf the web.

One vid per day 6: MAME4ALL

Another video for Retro-Gaming-Fans: The Pandora running some classic Arcade games using MAME4ALL. Since there are over 2000 games supported, I can only show a selected few ones. Hope you like them.

One vid per day 7: The PND System

Today we have another Mini-Tutorial, showing you how easy it is to install games and apps onto the Pandora by simply copying the files on your SD Card.

One vid per day 8: PSX Emulation

Well, this video will probably be outdated soon - as Zodttd is already working on a port of PCSX which should run WAY faster than the current PSX Emulator we have here. So take a peek of what's possible NOW and don't forget that emulation will improve soon :)

Pandora - One vid per day 9: MiniMenu overview

Another small tutorial today: A quick overview over MiniMenu, which is the menu specifically aimed for gamers who don't want to use the full desktop mode.
Next gaming video will be on Monday!

Pandora - One vid per day 10: Nintendo64 Emulation

One of the holy grails of emulation: Nintendo 64. A hard-to-emulate system, a WIP on the Pandora - but still: There are a lot of games running very well already.
Enjoy!

Pandora - One vid per day 11: XFCE4 brief overview

Today we take a (very) quick look at the desktop system of the Pandora.
In only 10 minutes, there wasn't time to show a lot, so I concentrated on the Pandora-specific settings mainly.
It's a standard XFCE4, so you can grab a Xubuntu Live CD and try it out yourself at your PC :)

One vid per day 12: UAE4ALL (Amiga Emulation)

Today we take a look at some Amiga emulation. Fullspeed, no frameskip, no overclocking A500 goodiness.
It's a bit short and sorry for the bad microphone - I didn't have much time today.
I'm pretty much worn out currently...

One vid per day 13: Remote Administration

Today we're playing with VNC, RDP and SSH.
"Enjoy" Windows 7 on your Pandora ;)

One vid per day 14: Homebrew Games - Part 1

While it's sure cool to be able to play classic emulated games, one of the advantages of an OpenSource handheld is the ability to also play free homebrew games. There are a lot of them already on the Pandora - here is part one of a homebrew collecton video.

One vid per day 15: Homebrew Games - Part 2

We continue our journey through the world of homebrew games with a few more ones. Remakes, enhanced versions of classic games or completely new games... there's a lot to play!

One vid per day 16: Web Surfing with different Browsers

Today we take a look at the different webbrowsers already available on the Pandora. There's FireFox, Chromium, Fennec, etc.

One vid per day 17: C64 Emulation

Even though the C64 is pretty old, accurate emulation needs power. The emulation on the Pandora is accurate enough to run some scene demos!

One vid per day 18: Audio Players

The cool thing about OpenSource is that you're not bound to ONE app. If you want to listen to music while browsing the web or working, you can select one of the different players available, you're not limited to a single one.

One vid per day 19: GNGeo (Neo Geo Emulation)

Another trip into arcade gaming - today we'll enjoy some NeoGeo gaming!
The emulator simulates scanlines which looks really cool - though the scanlines are probably lost due to video compression algorhythms.

One vid per day 20: Multitasking with XFCE4

I sometimes read that the Pandora CPU is outdated and slow. It is? Just check this video, it's fast enough for me, that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back