One Vid Per Day - Discussion

HackModford said:
I'm more excited about the new psx emulator zod is porting

Yep, me too. The problem is if there are droughts in updates, but equally you could get that if there wasn't a source release.

If the code is under an open source license, then it should be released, we all know that. I can understand how perhaps Zod might want to wait, and release his source for his pcsx port (if he is working on one); although hasn't everyone had a lot of trouble getting the source from its initial creators anyway, is it Franxis?

Either way, I'll be stoked to see more progress on Playstation emulation on Pandora because it's the one I'm most fond of from my childhood, and was a big reason in my decision to buy a Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
centus said:
Am I correct in assuming that no matter what I write in the category field, if such a category doesn't already exist on that Pandora, it'll be created?
No, you are not.

centus said:
This makes no sense, I mean, look at that video, he had Audio/Video category and right after that a Video category, this is a mess...
Can't we just define a list of possible categories, make it general enough to include all relevant ones (or even use an existing standard category system) and prevent this mess?
The standardization already exists.
Sometimes you have just an audio application, sometimes you have just a video application, and you may want to keep them all distinct. Under the standard, if you put something into audio or video, you're also supposed to put it into audiovideo as well, in addition to applications that are classified as both audio and video.

centus said:
Seriously, think about the Start menu on XFCE with all these categories and sub-categories (because I can invent those as well), you'll end up having each application in it's own category based on the author's whim, I say down with the over-openness... ;)

XFCE is based on standards as Stan pointed out. I'm not sure if MiniMenu is the same. Anyway you can 'configure' Minimenu to group any amount of categories into one, by editing a config file. What would be REALLY nice would be for MiniMenu to include a built in sytem for transparently creating and updating .ovr files by allowing one to select an icon and copy/move it to another category.

libpnd suggests following the specification, though xfce and minimenu try to make-do as best they can. It is an error for a developer not to use the spec, as noted in the wiki's etc.

An ovr editor and such will come, but should not be part of minimenu -- ie: they work for all environments tht use .desktop as well. I shoudl pop somethign together quick with pyQt .. that'd be a piece of cake...

Ah, gotta love these 70 hour work weeks for years on end :/

jeff

Caine said:
Rotsiser Mho said:
Thanks for the PSX emulation video! However I'd really REALLY like to see ZodTTD release the source! It's not really an OPEN Pandora without it now is it?
Yes it is. The openness of the Pandora is about giving you the full freedom to do with it what you want as well as openness of the default operating system and desktop environment (but not all drivers).

The choice to release the source is the choice of ZodTTD. Would source be nice? Sure it would.

Glad to hear ZodTTD is working on this again.

How did ZodTTD get the source for pcsx if Franxis never released them?

I would imagine the reason is because, whilst no doubt related, PCSX is not pcsx4all. :p PCSX's source is here. Of course, he might be using PCSX-Reloaded instead.

Duddyroar said:
Quick question - what is the front end that is being used on the SNES video? And, more specifically, how do I get it? ;)

PickleLauncher.
If you want the source ask it's author (should'nt be too hard to guess who :p)
Otherwise this is the default launcher for the snes emulator already, and other emulators/game-engine start using it.

Sorry for being dense, but my version of SNESx doesn't have the launcher. And I re-downloaded the latest file from the Pandora App site last night to make sure I had the most recent version.

Duddyroar said:
Sorry for being dense, but my version of SNESx doesn't have the launcher. And I re-downloaded the latest file from the Pandora App site last night to make sure I had the most recent version.

Try the file archive instead. Most of the time the app site stall way behind

Dead1nside said:
Blue Protoman said:
He didn't show GoldenEye.

HE

DID

NOT

SHOW

GOLDENEYE.

That's because I believe it's mostly a slideshow, judging from other, older videos on YouTube.
Actualy, it's still banned in germany so he just can't show it I guess. Same for Perfect Dark and AFAIK Turok. ^^""
Of course I also hope to see these Games and how they already run - if they run.

He couldn't at least post on the blog how well it runs? Or have someone else film a video on that?

Well, come on, he's trying to sell us these things, he's not going to show it trying to do something it can't do. :p

Blue Protoman said:
He didn't show GoldenEye.

HE

DID

NOT

SHOW

GOLDENEYE.
Eh, to each his own. He didn't show a lot of games, was Goldeneye the only game you were wanting to see? The Zelda part wasn't that spectacular but he said it will be fixed as in early releases it was full speed so I'm good.

Back