Oldplay V1.31

Micket

Website
www.micket.com
Hi everybody!

It still looks like this
bluescreenshot.png

Changelog

VERSION 1.31 (just bugfixes, sorry no time)
* Change the default length with DEFLENGTH=X, where X is time in seconds.
* Finer volume control at lower volumes (through software)
* Pressing VOLUP+VOLDOWN now works as stick-click (for F200)
* Excluded the PSF-plugin (it was to slow to be playable)
* Loading playlists no longer messes up song lengths
* Fixed some debug-stuff that messed up settings in libmodplug
* Added the stereo blending option again
(you need to set the buttons manually in the keyconfig)
* Probably fixed some minor bugs as well

For those of you who haven't kept up with the past few releases (not that they are very frequent)
It plays.. well, most stuff, way to many to list here, see the wiki page (game music, tracked, lossless, lossy)
You can change the song length, create, save, load, append, playlists, even for files within zipped directories.
You can set a default start directory, remap keys however you want, theme it to some extent
(compare with the C64 theme, included, http://www.micket.com/index.php?file=c64screenshot.png )
You can select subtunes individually, seek in alot of the supported formats (and do so really fast in all mp3's and other sampled formats AFAIK).
It extracts and displays information from most formats.

Uhm. Not sure if I forgot something.

EDIT from ED: Yep, you did: The link :D You can actually get it from mickets site (www.micket.com) or from the Archive

Awesome work, Micket! :ph34r: ;) :D

did you fix the 'non-random' random play bug?

Also occasional random freeze after playing some mod (s3m / it xm)?

Any thoughts on adding some full screen visualizations? (full screen oscope, ect)

Series-8 said:
Awesome work, Micket! :ph34r: ;) :D

1. did you fix the 'non-random' random play bug?

2. Also occasional random freeze after playing some mod (s3m / it xm)?

3. Any thoughts on adding some full screen visualizations? (full screen oscope, ect)
1. No, i think. I don't recall such a bug report anywhere i'm afraid, or maybe i fixed it some time ago? I dont know. If it still happens tell me.

2. I've never experienced any. How old version have you been running? I have occasionally fixed bugs in libmodplug, but not recently.

3. Well, yes i have thoughts about it, no, i most definitly won't have time to add that. It won't fit that well into the current design of the graphical part either.
In fact, i don't really use the player myself anymore. I rarely got any spare time whatsoever but all to many projects.

I can still do bug fixes, but i probably won't spend time adding features anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Micket said:
You can select subtunes individually, seek in alot of the supported formats (and do so really fast in all mp3's and other sampled formats AFAIK).
This was the main reason I never used the GP2X as an mp3 player. I like to listen to podcasts and audiobooks, and this was really needed. Just tried one podcast and it seeks very fast and plays mp3's great. Great job!

Awesome! I was almost ready to declare you MIA!

Shame to see the PSF support removed, is there any chance you could collaborate with Zodttd to get that working?

I'm just wondering about in_cubesupport, the Wii discs are now able to be decrypted and Wii sound files are supported in the latest in_cube builds, so it would be nice if Oldplay can also play them :)

Also 2sf is born, a DS sound format... I suspect this would be too demanding though, unless the ARM code can be virtualised/dynarecced.

Anyway I look forward to trying the latest release soon! :)

PokeParadox said:
Awesome! I was almost ready to declare you MIA!

Shame to see the PSF support removed, is there any chance you could collaborate with Zodttd to get that working?

I'm just wondering about in_cubesupport, the Wii discs are now able to be decrypted and Wii sound files are supported in the latest in_cube builds, so it would be nice if Oldplay can also play them :)

Also 2sf is born, a DS sound format... I suspect this would be too demanding though, unless the ARM code can be virtualised/dynarecced.

Anyway I look forward to trying the latest release soon! :)

Well, right now the plugin is just wasting space. And i won't have time to make it any better.
But, as always, hand me a plugin that will fill a buffer of samples on demand, and you'll have it supported right away.
2SF isn't worth the bother (or the binary file size) since nothing will be close to playable.
This project is for a frontend, not 20 different decoders ;)

I noticed a bug i accidently introduced in version 1.31, so i fixed it, and i also increased the volume precision since it seems it wasn't enough.

VERSION 1.32
* Fixed bug song length that I accidently introduced in 1.31 (for game music)
* The improved volume control wasn't enough, so I increased it even more.
Now there is 50 steps (only 10 is shown in the display) with very high precision
at lower volumes.

The url is the same at the top. I appreciate if someone could upload it to the archives. thanks.

Mirrorhead said:
Thanks for the great player. :)

Got one problem though: it loads midi files but I don't get a sound. I've got Timidity on the SD card, but in the main root. Do I have to copy it into the Oldplay folder?
In the oldplay directory

timidity/timidity.cfg
or
/mnt/sd/timidity/timidity.cfg
(that is, make a folder timidity directly on the SD-card

Edit: But it really should say it can't play them if timidity isn't found, so I don't know why it would be quiet. Send me one of the files, micketeer on gmail

Micket said:
Mirrorhead said:

Got one problem though: it loads midi files but I don't get a sound. I've got Timidity on the SD card, but in the main root. Do I have to copy it into the Oldplay folder?
In the oldplay directory

timidity/timidity.cfg
or

Edit: But it really should say it can't play them if timidity isn't found, so I don't know why it would be quiet. Send me one of the files, micketeer on gmail

Thanks, I copied the timidity.cfg into the Oldplay folder but still no sound.

Mirrorhead said:
Micket said:
Mirrorhead said:

In the oldplay directory

timidity/timidity.cfg
or

Thanks, I copied the timidity.cfg into the Oldplay folder but still no sound.

All the other files must be there as well.
And it's not supposed to go directly into the oldplay folder, but a subfolder "timidity" as i just said.
Just extract timidity.tar.gz dircetly on your sd-card (it creates timidity folder by itself) or into your oldplay directory.

Micket said:
All the other files must be there as well.
And it's not supposed to go directly into the oldplay folder, but a subfolder "timidity" as i just said.
Just extract timidity.tar.gz dircetly on your sd-card (it creates timidity folder by itself) or into your oldplay directory.
Yes, that's what I've done when I first installed timidity for use with PRBOOM. Those two work well together, but I do still have the same "no sound with midi files" issue with Oldplay, which is pretty strange.

Mirrorhead said:
*snip*

Yes, that's what I've done when I first installed timidity for use with PRBOOM. Those two work well together, but I do still have the same "no sound with midi files" issue with Oldplay, which is pretty strange.
I take it you were the one who sent me the songs, and since they work fine for me i don't really know what's going wrong there.

Remove all traces of timidity in the oldplay folder, reextract timidity onto the SD-card
The paths should be
timidity/timidity.cfg
timidity/instruments/acbass.pat
and so on.

Still no sound?
Start oldplay, play one song for a few seconds, close oldplay, remove SD-card, copy the stderr logs and email them to me.

Back