Oldplay V1.30

Micket

Website
www.micket.com
New graphical update, so i'm using the old image.
bluescreenshot.png

VERSION 1.30
* Fixed minor bugs with VBR mp3's without the Xing header.
* Fixed bug in AAC loading for files with ID3 tags
* Fixed skipping of corrupted parts of OGG-files.
* Changed to mono for *.mod's (+upsampling).
* Enabled various effects in modplug (might have overdone it).
* "Fixed" sound bug (which also caused crash). I think this is due to overclocking,
so i put an option CPUSCALING in the config file. If you are experiencing
silence, crashes or incorrect samplerate when sometimes starting songs then
set CPUSCALING=0
* I also tried to ass psf/minpsf support through sexypsf but it was to slow to
be playable. I just left if there for now.
* You can now change keymappings. See keymappings.cfg

http://www.micket.com/oldplay.zip

This program has been on my SD card since the day I bought my GP2x. I use it to play my rather big mod file collection. I don't know which version I currently have, but this new version is going straight over it. :)

Sorry to bother you with this post, Micket!

Firstly, thanks for this great player.

But it seems zipped AY support is broken from some versions ago. :( And it seems only affects zipped AY files, as I can hear zipped mods and midi without any problems.

Anyway, the same AY files play fine if they're not packed.

And it's not a problem with the compression level, as I've tested with various levels of compression, and the same zip file was working in previous versions (in the version where you added AY support, I think).

The zip file is the one from Project AY. [Direct Download]

Can you take a look, if possible??

Anyway, A LOT of thanks for this fantastic player. It's been my preferred one since I tested it for the first time. :)

Thanks a lot Micket!! I didn't expect to see it fixed so quickly!

I'm gonna try it right now!!

Oh, and the messed folders is not a problem, it was that way in previous versions too, although it would be cool if it could be fixed.

Great work!! Fantastic player!!

Aaah, thanks a lot, no sound stuttering anymore, impressive release :D
I loooove it :D

Just a quick question:
TFMX... is it supported yet? How do the files have to be named (you have a sample file, usually named smpl and a song file, usually named mdat)

Also, is it possible to change the default length for neverending songs on-the-fly?
And some fadeout for Amiga sound files (when they come to the end of the default length) would be nice. Works for GB-Files :)

Aaand:
Did you think about a way to find out when a song loops?
Usually, most file formats work with patterns and playlists... when a playlist jumps back to an earlier entry, the song loops - and you could then fade it out.
(works at least with mod files).
Would this be possible to implement or is that way too complicated?

As workaround: Maybe it would be possible to include a length manually into playlists. :)
Some tunes only have a 20 second loop and get on my nerves after the default length 2:30 and some cool sounds are chopped off before they're finished... so setting a manual length for each playlist entry would rock :D

Greets, and thanks for the really good work :)

EvilDragon said:
Aaah, thanks a lot, no sound stuttering anymore, impressive release :D
I loooove it :D

Just a quick question:
TFMX... is it supported yet? How do the files have to be named (you have a sample file, usually named smpl and a song file, usually named mdat)

Also, is it possible to change the default length for neverending songs on-the-fly?
And some fadeout for Amiga sound files (when they come to the end of the default length) would be nice. Works for GB-Files :)

Aaand:
Did you think about a way to find out when a song loops?
Usually, most file formats work with patterns and playlists... when a playlist jumps back to an earlier entry, the song loops - and you could then fade it out.
(works at least with mod files).
Would this be possible to implement or is that way too complicated?

As workaround: Maybe it would be possible to include a length manually into playlists. :)
Some tunes only have a 20 second loop and get on my nerves after the default length 2:30 and some cool sounds are chopped off before they're finished... so setting a manual length for each playlist entry would rock :D

Greets, and thanks for the really good work :)
As for amiga and UADE, i haven't had time to redo the code. Dual file songs aren't working and i don't know why. I've tried to track it down but UADE is massive. It's also outdated and heavily hacked into, so i planned to redo the whole plugin and hopefully get all tunes right.

As for lengths, you do know you CAN change the length of songs already, right?
R+volume buttons and you'll see the song length just like in the screenshot above.
For now, i would suggest changing the length correctly, then save that playlist (lengths are saved as well specified subtunes (if any)).
It works both in the playlist and in the file browser. It's been there for the last 2 releases (i think)

Fadeouts are handled by GME for songs that have intro+loop lengths (1 intro, + 2 loops, then fadeout)
I could code it myself as well in UADE, but i see it as very low priority, since it's still working that badly.

For detecting looping in modules, probably possible, but libmodplug has a pretty ugly sourcecode.. and i don't know much about it.
It basicly comes down to adding features into libmodplug, which would be a massive workload for me i'm afraid. I can most definitly say;
I will never code that feature myself.
But if you know your way around c, i recommend fetching libmodplug and add it, and i'll use that code instead.
Or find my a better library for modules that support it already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Micket said:
As for amiga and UADE, i haven't had time to redo the code. Dual file songs aren't working and i don't know why. I've tried to track it down but UADE is massive. It's also outdated and heavily hacked into, so i planned to redo the whole plugin and hopefully get all tunes right.
Heh, didn't think it was such a major thing :)
Weird :D

As for lengths, you do know you CAN change the length of songs already, right?
R+volume buttons and you'll see the song length just like in the screenshot above.
For now, i would suggest changing the length correctly, then save that playlist (lengths are saved as well specified subtunes (if any)).
It works both in the playlist and in the file browser. It's been there for the last 2 releases (i think)

Oh, wow, it already works? Grrreeeat :D
Coool :D

Fadeouts are handled by GME for songs that have intro+loop lengths (1 intro, + 2 loops, then fadeout)
I could code it myself as well in UADE, but i see it as very low priority, since it's still working that badly.

Ah, that's why. I though you simply did a fade out using gp2x volume control.
Does make sense now :)

For detecting looping in modules, probably possible, but libmodplug has a pretty ugly sourcecode.. and i don't know much about it.
It basicly comes down to adding features into libmodplug, which would be a massive workload for me i'm afraid. I can most definitly say;
I will never code that feature myself.
But if you know your way around c, i recommend fetching libmodplug and add it, and i'll use that code instead.
Or find my a better library for modules that support it already.

Well, not THAT important, as you can set the length already (which I didn't know) :)
Thanks!

Last edited:
i have exerienced some screen freeze when i press a lot of button at the same time

Seems to work great, as always.

However it would be nice to have a default play time for songs that are infinite loops.
(say 3 Minutes)

And a 'count-down' style time, instead of count-from start.

Yod4z: If you can reproduce it and tell me how, i could maybe fix it.

Series-8: What kind of songs are you listening too? I believed i had set most infinite songs to 2:30, at least game music.

Back