Old Stuff New System............bittersweet

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear Readers,

It has been called to my attention that the pandora game console will be able to play most anything from the gp2x (Correct me if I'm wrong). I currently own a Gp2x and love it alot but something has really been bugging me. That something is that if the gp2x emualtors (Specifically) are ported, that may disscourage new ones from being made. I honestly don't think that some of the emulators (Apps, or games) are perfect (I fully understand that people to their time to make them and very much appriciate it) and even now am anticipating new updates for them. I read somewhere that the Pandora was made (I good spirit) to make up for the flaws of the gp2x. I just think it would be great to see new emulators and again am afraid no one will make them or very few people will. Even now, I have emulators on my gp2x that in my opinion could use work but the creator stopped working. I am still an amatuer at programming and still can't make programs myself and again I still even appriciate them being made in the first place but would still like to see more.

Thanks for listening,
-Spadoof :gp2x

Pandora is completely different hardware than the GP2X - it is a "spiritual successor" only, but physically an entirely different beast. Any GP2X apps would have to ported and adapted to work.

Please read the Pandora FAQ and the sticky topics at the top of the board for more details.

I just think it would be great to see new emulators and again am afraid no one will make them or very few people will.

No worries - there is already tremendous interest in Pandora development by some of the greatest scene devs. In fact, assuming the Pandora gets released as planned and things go smoothly enough, I think the Pandora may become the best supported homebrew device yet conceived.

Spadoof said:
Dear Readers,

It has been called to my attention that the pandora game console will be able to play most anything from the gp2x (Correct me if I'm wrong). I currently own a Gp2x and love it alot but something has really been bugging me. That something is that if the gp2x emualtors (Specifically) are ported, that may disscourage new ones from being made. I honestly don't think that some of the emulators (Apps, or games) are perfect (I fully understand that people to their time to make them and very much appriciate it) and even now am anticipating new updates for them. I read somewhere that the Pandora was made (I good spirit) to make up for the flaws of the gp2x. I just think it would be great to see new emulators and again am afraid no one will make them or very few people will. Even now, I have emulators on my gp2x that in my opinion could use work but the creator stopped working. I am still an amatuer at programming and still can't make programs myself and again I still even appriciate them being made in the first place but would still like to see more.

Thanks for listening,
-Spadoof :gp2x
Meh I think form poking around the board that you have nothing to worry about it seems that some of the devs are excited to see what they can do with this hardware. I just read that exophase is going to throw his hat in the ring. I just now started to play around with gpsp for psp and I must say it is pretty freaking sweet as is even if he doesn't do anything to it but port it to pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta agree with sm1988, nobody would fool with porting limited software to this thing without major upgrades and fixes. Even with the Wii, the few ported GC softwares got upgraded within a few weeks, to support the Wii's controllers and newer faster hardware.

Well, there are more good emulators out there for the gp2x than for most other systems.
I honestly can't think of any major system the gp2x is capable of that is NOT emulated.

Upon polishing emulators... yes, some need some tweaks, fixes, etc.
However, they are not going to appear - even if we wouldn't have the Pandora.
GnuBoy is good emulationwise, but has some problems with Savings and a really weird GUI (in my opinion).

But that didn't change for years - why should it now?

EvilDragon said:
GnuBoy is good emulationwise, but has some problems with Savings and a really weird GUI (in my opinion).

Someone should work on it either way... <_<

Yrx said:
EvilDragon said:

Someone should work on it either way... <_<

Only if they want that is...

Back