Old school rambling

natarajsn

Still Fresh
Being a 54 year old kid, I miss that 'soma' app on my once kicking Rebirth pandora. So cool one for net radio, intutive, ncurses based, recording to mp3 et al. On Sl4p slackware by Linux-Swat. Donno if my Rebirth would kick again. Before Kovid ED had offered to get me a display cable. Seems he had retrieved a canned set. My power cable is broke. Once fully discharged, usb otg charging won't work I suppose.

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk

I am also very tempted to send my Pandora Rebirth to @EvilDragon for cable replacement and other minor fixes, i hope ED can reply to my pm soon so i can arrange my Pandora RMA.

I don't honestly know whether USB mini charging will work on a unit with too little power to boot. But thankfully you can charge it before it gets there with any mini-USB cable (it doesn't need to be a OTG cable to charge it). Or you should still be able to buy USB-based PSP charge cables which fit the barrel jack.

When my Pandora has been without power for an extended time, and it won't come alive when plugging it in to power, I boot it up without a battery present, switch it off again, unplug power and replace the battery and plug it back in to charge it.
So far this method has always worked for me. Also when charging with USB.

Also hns is producing more LCD cables and will be selling them, there's a thread about that in the Pandora forum

Would I use this one for powering my Rebirth?
Power.jpg

I srsly think somethig is wrong in the recent firmware. USB charging used to work for me on and i never changed that charger.
Here i have two broken pandoras, one has its buttons nt working, the otehr has no charging port. So i have to swap batteries all the time which just caused the batterie cover to break.

Back