Okey Lets Say That I Have Bought An Gp2x What Do I Do Know??

Look, Selle, you're acting like an idiot. Type PROPERLY. I don't particularly give a damn if you type 100 words per minute or 10, you are presumably older than 13 so at least act like it.

Now, with that out of the way, don't use the GP2X emulator. I don't know how good it is, but at least f***ing support one of the VERY few companies not trying to stifle homebrew.

And with THAT out of the way, read the f***ing readme's the programs come with. They will explain things. THAT IS THEIR WHOLE POINT.

shinneri posted on Oct 28 2006 at 12:55 AM said:
Go to my site (in my sig), calm down for a minute, and read everything.

This is a good place to start: http://gpnewbie.com/gp2x/basics.htm

Hey Shinneri that's a Great Site!!!!

I didn't knew it was yours; there's ton of information,guides,Faqs,homebrew stuff and many more things in your site and am glad that people like you made my experience with the GP2X easier.

Thanks a lot :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cervante posted on Oct 28 2006 at 08:21 AM said:
1.)Open the read me file

2.)Click on Start>Programs>Accessories>Accesability>Narrator

from there info will be spoken to you

I found this hillarious, for some reason. =P Thanks, it's nice to have a good laugh every once in a while. ^_^

I would've thought that the GP2X was pretty user-friendly, though. Plug your card into your card reader, and drag and drop files. If a program doesn't work, then chances are reading the readme will sort it out. I'm pretty computer dense and, one dodgy card reader aside, I haven't had any problems so far...

Then again, regarding computer ignorance, I'm hardly one to talk. When I got my first PC, I thought that deleting the shortcuts to programs was uninstalling them... I guess we all have to start somewhere. ^_^

selle posted on Oct 28 2006 at 04:28 AM said:
dude i cant find it .. can you just give me the gpx2 emu link....pls
We have Emulators for Megadrive, Master System, NES, SNES, C64, Atari ST, NeoGeo, Various Arcade Machines, Playstation, GBA, Amiga, Spectrum and many more.

Download the emulator for the system you want to emulate from this site, read the readme included in the download and install the emulator accordingly. You will need ROM or image files to play emulated games, there are lots of sites you can download those, but you will mostly have to find them yourself since they offer illegal content.

I think this guy actually meant that he doesn't *have* a Gp2x. He said somewhere that he doesn't "have money to buy the console". And that he was looking for a "GPx2 emu". Probably a GP2x emulator for PC, which... err.. doesn't exist! :p

LOL'd? :)

Why would you want a GP2X emulator for PC? It's main reason is to emulate other things, A pc can do that and more already. He better not ask about an N64 emu...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 10:00 AM said:
could it be possible this guy's just a troll? Maybe the same person who was that girl a while back, remember? Sexyjesse or whatever lol

if this is true then she can forget about gp2x emulation, I have a nice flight simulator in my pants in need of a beta tester

Cervante posted on Oct 28 2006 at 07:14 PM said:
could it be possible this guy's just a troll? Maybe the same person who was that girl a while back, remember? Sexyjesse or whatever lol

if this is true then she can forget about gp2x emulation, I have a nice flight simulator in my pants in need of a beta tester
So, to sum things up:

If she's female, she can forget about handheld emulation, and suck your dick?

Sexist?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 07:18 PM said:

So, to sum things up:

Sexist?

what the hell are you talking about, man im talking about my gp2x which is in my sidepocket right now running dosbox/wings.I just wanna know if someone else can test it out see if they can improve the framerate...damn chef from south park is getting to you classicgamer with his chocolate salty balls song

Cervante posted on Oct 28 2006 at 07:25 PM said:

So, to sum things up:

Sexist?

what the hell are you talking about, man im talking about my gp2x which is in my sidepocket right now running dosbox/wings.I just wanna know if someone else can test it out see if they can improve the framerate...damn chef from south park is getting to you classicgamer with his chocolate salty balls song
Retreat! He's on to us, men!!

Cervante posted on Oct 28 2006 at 07:25 PM said:

So, to sum things up:

Sexist?

uh huh.

MascaraSagrada posted on Oct 28 2006 at 02:39 AM said:
shinneri posted on Oct 28 2006 at 12:55 AM said:
Go to my site (in my sig), calm down for a minute, and read everything.

This is a good place to start: http://gpnewbie.com/gp2x/basics.htm
Hey Shinneri that's a Great Site!!!!

I didn't knew it was yours; there's ton of information,guides,Faqs,homebrew stuff and many more things in your site and am glad that people like you made my experience with the GP2X easier.

Thanks a lot :rolleyes:
Not really sure why you roll your eyes at the end, but you're welcome. :) Whatever it takes to keep these boards (and its members) a little saner...

I can tell by the looks of this thread, they desperately need it. :p

Back