What All Can I Do With Ssh?

yalborap

Website
www.geocities.com
So, I've noticed an SSH app for the GP2X, and while I don't have the equipment to use that yet, it still has me wondering. What all can you DO with SSH, at least from my position(that position being I'm on an intel iMac running OSX with SSH turned on)? Because it seems like it has some potential, but I'll be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing.

So educate me. What can I do with this once I get it running on my GP2X?

Thanks in advance.

SSH is a Secure SHell. If your GP2x has the ssh deamon running, it will enable you to tunnel over to your gp2x and use the terminal to do... well anything.

If your a developer, this will be very useful, as you can use it to get debug information and error reports. Normal users could use it as a "remote control" tool, e.g you can execute an application from the terminal and it will run on your GP2X.

Mike

Sure

To be able to run something on the GP2X, you would have to install the SSH deamon. I believe it uses the busybox distro, and i think there is a deamon for it. - I have no idea how easy/hard it will be to add it in.

once (and if) you get it running on the GP2x, you can then do (from your MAC):

Code:
mikey@desktop:~$ ssh [gp2x-ip-address] /usr/bin/whoami
root
mikey@desktop:~$

Basically, the ssh will connect, and then run "whoami" (if it exists), then any output will be shown. In this case "root".

This is just an example of what it should do.

Mike

Back