Okay, so, it's 2013. Any new news regarding Craig's 1ghz preorders?

lobski

Craig all promised us the 1ghz upgrade preorders would be shipped by Oct/Nov, but that was before he somehow ran out of money. For those who do not know, there is still a bunch of 1ghz orders that need to be shipped by Craig, but he has ran out of money to do so. I am #97, and I am quite desperate to get my unit. I see that Craig hasn't posted anything new since the 18th, so I'm wondering if there's anything new regarding the situation. This entire situation with Craig regarding the 1ghz units have created a lot of frustrations...

I really hope the answer won't be "nobody knows". :mellow:

yeah no, its not the previous.....what is it, 4 or 5 years now? old preorders that have yet to be shipped causing the frustration

@ bagmouse7 : cheers for the link to the time machine.

Seems like there was a bit of a 'typo' on the original ordering page :

$20 Developer Fund Donation. This money will go to people creating free software for you.

Should have read :

$20 Developer Fund Donation. This money will disappear, no explanation of it's use / totals raised will be given for several years then it will be arbitrarily decided that this money went towards the purchase of Hardware prototypes

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, strange. I just got an email from Jacquelyn saying that ED will be sending my order this week. I am quite sure I was in Craig's list.

Is ED shipping the left queue orders from Craig now?

Well, that's good news. Not just for you, but for Craig's other (1GHz) pre-orderers.

Huh, strange. I just got an email from Jacquelyn saying that ED will be sending my order this week. I am quite sure I was in Craig's list.

Yes.  ED is shipping out Craig orders...out of the goodness of his heart.  Bless him, a wonderful man...as is Link, here in the U.S.

Yes.  ED is shipping out Craig orders...out of the goodness of his heart.  Bless him, a wonderful man...as is Link, here in the U.S.
I'm not shipping any of Craig's orders for the Open Pandora. 

@ bagmouse7 : cheers for the link to the time machine.

Seems like there was a bit of a 'typo' on the original ordering page :

$20 Developer Fund Donation. This money will go to people creating free software for you.

Should have read :

$20 Developer Fund Donation. This money will disappear, no explanation of it's use / totals raised will be given for several years then it will be arbitrarily decided that this money went towards the purchase of Hardware prototypes
I found another typo. Pandora TV cable is listed as "In Stock" when it should have read "Doesn't Exist."

At the risk of keeping this thread on anything approaching "on track"; regarding the a/v cables...has anyone tried contacting the people at BlueJeansCable.com to see if they might be interested in working with "us"-id est-> ED to make them happen? From my (probably very wrong) view, it seems their whole business revolves around selling (relatively small) quantities of custom-stock a/v cables to the masses. They might be the perfect partner for this endeavor.

EvilDragon is generous Craig is ... Craig .

And the TV out cables are like that crazy uncle you keep locked in a closet : Awesome , always the elephant in the room , presence always there in spirit , despite never being there when you need them in their physical embodiment .

The truth is.. Craig just brought a yacht and is currently sailing off into the sunset.*

Any 1Ghz received will be brought by the goodwill of this community.

*this is not the truth.. there has no been fraud

Strange I'm in queue position #80 from my order on the 11th of June and not heard anything.

I asked for either a refund or Pandora which ever is quickest and received neither.

^ If your number 80 you got cut off just before receiving a unit, I heard the line stopped somewhere in the 70's.. ED is working on getting units to people so hang tight.

Back