Ok... What Happened?

I think its funny. I responded in his blog (madaussie).

gp32 came out in 2001.. he said they stole his plan in 2004.. its as if he thinks gamepark never had visions of a follow up device. anyway.. His cluelessness is really amazing. wine? as bad is it was in 2004.. its not even very good now.

thats some master business plan. x86 chips and wine... most people call that a laptop

This sounds more like a UMPC which uses Linux as an OS rather then the Typical Windows XP. For this, they are just allowing you to play windows games with the use of WINE. No mention of actually running Linux games natively.

This sounds just too far from anything that GPH is doing. Even the position of games is different. One side is supporting emulators and ports if games that have their source released. Another is calling emulation illegal and showing off the WINE prowess of their system.

Epicenter posted on Sep 11 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
An X86 chip wouldn't even work in such a platform. This is nonsense.

sure it would. cyrix medagx aka natsemi geode aka amd geode... all in one media x86...

(crap as it was)...

Last edited by a moderator:
YakumoFuji posted on Sep 11 2006 at 08:37 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Sep 11 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
An X86 chip wouldn't even work in such a platform. This is nonsense.

sure it would. cyrix medagx aka natsemi geode aka amd geode... all in one media x86...

(crap as it was)...
I mean, it would not likely be compatible with the Samsung ASIC they used alongside the ARM9 in the GP32.

So... let me get this straight.

His son invented an x86 based handheld running Damn Small Linux and WINE with Compact Flash cards...

And he claims GPH stole that idea because they released an ARM based handheld running a custom Linux with SD cards?

Can't see much similarity except for the Linux - but, okay, Linux, boy, that's really something new :)

AFAIK even the PSP is based on Linux... and it has a Memory Stick. Maybe he should sue Sony as well...

He's obviously what in swedish is called a "Justice Wreck". Basically a person who's lost it slightly in the paranoid direction and needs to get Justice for some imagined slight. And, if you're good enough with the legalese and the legal procedure, you can tie up a lot of court clerks with paperwork that needs to be done, due process, but which will never, never lead anywhere.

Sad, but a bit irritating. Couldn't he start picking on someone evil? Can't someone tip him off that Microsoft is due to release a handheld thingy? I mean, that must be a lot closer to his imagined architecture, right? :)

Moxie posted on Sep 12 2006 at 11:42 PM said:
Sad, but a bit irritating. Couldn't he start picking on someone evil? Can't someone tip him off that Microsoft is due to release a handheld thingy? I mean, that must be a lot closer to his imagined architecture, right? :)

I'd like to see a Microsoft Handheld using Linux and Wine to emulate Windows :D

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Sep 13 2006 at 12:05 AM said:
Moxie posted on Sep 12 2006 at 11:42 PM said:

I'd like to see a Microsoft Handheld using Linux and Wine to emulate Windows :D
haha :lol:

Back