Ok, let's get this CPU speed bug sorted once and for all...

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
Right!

Installed SZfinal 1.51, and still get the issue where the CPU speed drops to 125MHz on resume from suspend. It's definitely worse now than it was - happens almost exactly 50% of the times I wake the Pandora up. I have to navigate (very slowly!) to the menu, and launch the system's CPU Speed script to set it back to 950MHz.

I run at 950MHz, at which the Pandora is very stable - PCSX ReARMed plays games for hours at that clockrate without issue, as do all my other PNDs. I make sure that all PNDs running are closed before the Pandora is put to sleep. I've removed all the icons from the taskbar barring the pandora menu, the battery and the clock. I use the power switch to put the unit to sleep.

A couple of people suggested I set the minimum clockspeed to the same as my overclock - but that isn't possible on SZf1.51, as the option has been removed.

Is there anything I can do to help diagnose why this is happening?

D.

I never had that bug. Are you on the latest firmware?

Today is happened with my pandora too...with the latest SZfinal....(it was under recharge in suspend) to return at normality i have (slooooowly) reached the menu and turn off Pandora.

I don't use suspend for the same reason after the final firmware, happens often... I can see it cause the popup menu doesn't show after a resume...

anyway to put back the clock speed I need to keep pressed on the toolbox and wait till the menu is open, then I need to select the cpu speed without leaving the touchscreen or the menu closes...

I never had that bug. Are you on the latest firmware?

Installed SZfinal 1.51

So that's a yes :)

Today is happened with my pandora too...with the latest SZfinal....(it was under recharge in suspend) to return at normality i have (slooooowly) reached the menu and turn off Pandora.

It's a pain in the arse when it happens, but as it appears to be at random (doesn't matter if I'm at home and plugged in, or out and about - happened at the Doctor's surgery the other day, and happened twice at work), it's difficult to reproduce.

D.

You know what... I've a suspicion that it just happened to me!

1Ghz Pandora suddenly... sllloooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yup. 125Mhz.

I was charging my Pandora via USB for a few hours, and found it like this just now. Don't normally charge via USB...

I had this issue the night before last on my CC Pandora after installing 1.51.

At the time I was running at 800Mhz - it had always been stable there. I was also down to about 5-6% battery left and had wifi running, Exaile trying to update album covers and was connected to a 2amp USB charging port via the OTG port.

I got my 1Ghz Pandora yesterday though - so I've not tried to repeat it. I figured it was jut a fluke from me pushing it beyond design.

Thank you Notaz

I haven´t had a chance to install the update - chasing a different bug tonight. However I can say that it also affects the 1Ghz model. A few hours ago my new 1Ghz came out of standby at 125Mhz.

It had been running at 1200 opp3. I sent it into standby using the switch. I closed the lid then opened it and flipped the switch 30 mins later. 125Mhz.

Now to go post up the wifi bug and work around that I spent the last 2 hours figuring out.

I found out another slight issue I'll look into:

1.51 activates Wifi after resume, even if it was off when suspending.

I also have the 125 Mhz wake-up bug. On a 512 Mo Pandora. Happens randomly, with or without Wifi. I am on SZ 1.51 also, but I think I remember it happened once in SZ 1.5. Not a big deal, but anoying for sure. Maybe I'll try Notaz's Script update and report back later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had that sporadically on my 1Ghz Pandora (running at 600 or 800 Mhz most of the time). Waking up, going at 125Mhz. Minor annoyance. I'll try the script but feedback might take a loong time, since it happened so rarely to me.

Happens 100% of the time on a 2-day old Platinum rebirth edition that shipped with 1.51. If it's hooked to any charging source (AC or USB) and is in low power mode it wakes to godawful snail slow 125MHz.

My 1Ghz Pandora was at 125Mhz again this morning. When I put it into standby last night I had the wifi on. Firefox 13, Audacious and Conky were running. It was clocked at 1200 OPP3 before going into standby. It was in standby for 8 hours.

I have not applied the patch - trying to find repeatable circumstances for it happening. Length of time in standby may be a factor?

Notaz - would you rather that I continue to try to find a repeatable circumstance for it happening or for me to apply the fix? My concern is that if I apply the fix, then I don't have any way to reliably test if it was successful.

I also have the 125 Mhz wake-up bug. On a 512 Mo Pandora. Appens randomly, with or without Wifi. I am on SZ 1.51 also, but I think I remember it happens once in SZ 1.5. Not a big deal, but anoying for sure. Maybe I'll try Notaz's Script update and report back later.
Yup, I haven't yet updated to 1.51 and it happens to me on 1.5. But I don't find it to be a problem, as I just shut it down when I'm done using it, since startup doesn't take that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back